Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 curb crush

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi all, my model 3 rash the curb. There are some scratches on the rear wheel and the car bottom rubber in front of the wheel got a little bit scratch too. Although there is no difference of drive feeling, I am thinking if I need get an inspection from Tesla?

In addition, how much Tesla will charge the inspection? And to replace/repair the wheel and the rubber, how much it will cost?

Many thanks,

I would lift the car and put the car on Towing Mode to avoid having the parking brake on,
and I will try to spin the wheel to listen for any wheel bearing noise and to see if the wheel
is spinning without make any jump, like when checking a bicycle wheel.

Note: I got an alignment check when my car had about 500 miles just for later reference.
All the factory setting angles were fine except for all the toe angles. This could affect the
worn out of the tires. I got a six month warranty. So I plan to check my alignment regularly.

Pictures would help. If you don't feel anything, then you should be okay, but check the rear tire wear for at least a month, to make sure it's not out of alignment. Also, lots of little rashes can be cleaned up, with a little sanding and some touch-up paint. Small damage can be self-repaired, but larger can be repaired by professionals.

Reactions: ducktales
Pictures would help. If you don't feel anything, then you should be okay, but check the rear tire wear for at least a month, to make sure it's not out of alignment. Also, lots of little rashes can be cleaned up, with a little sanding and some touch-up paint. Small damage can be self-repaired, but larger can be repaired by professionals.
Thanks for the suggestion. Pictures can’t show anything but the wheel damage. Will definitely check the tire wear.

I would lift the car and put the car on Towing Mode to avoid having the parking brake on,
and I will try to spin the wheel to listen for any wheel bearing noise and to see if the wheel
is spinning without make any jump, like when checking a bicycle wheel.

Note: I got an alignment check when my car had about 500 miles just for later reference.
All the factory setting angles were fine except for all the toe angles. This could affect the
worn out of the tires. I got a six month warranty. So I plan to check my alignment regularly.

Once get a chance, will do. Thanks!