Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 customisable 3D model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

for another project I'm working on, I needed to make a decent computer rendering of our M3.

I found this model on Thingiverse:
Tesla Model 3 by stunner2211

But apart of the wheels, this model was designed in one single mesh, so it was not possible to assign different materials to all the parts.

So I took it to myself this week-end to split the above referenced model. It was quite a lot of work to individualize all the main components, but i finally managed to do it. I also singled out the calipers for those found of the red calipers :)

Here is a rendering image with the colors corresponding mostly to my own car currently:
M3 mesh split.png

You can download all these stl files here:
Tesla Model 3 split mesh by hugues1965
Download the zip files, unzip and load it into your favorite CAD. The stl files do not have any colors, this will be your job :)

So now people can simulate the look of a chrome delete job on their M3, or black rims, a vinly wrap job, ...

The windows, headlights, flash lights,...do not render that great. I could not assign a transparent glass color to them because there are no components behind, so it did not look right. The best I could find was a silver metallic finish. If you find something better, please share.

Enjoy !

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
Looking at the rendering above, I'm wondering if the rear wheel is not placed too much inside. I just re-used the same spacing for rear wheel as the front wheels. Is this correct ? I'm too lazy to check. If someone knows the spacing of front and rear wheels, i can then check my model and re-adjust if necessary. I think the rear wheel are spaced farther apart. And then, are the rear tires the same width as front ones ? (19")