Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 defects on delivery archive - Post your experience

In what condition did you receive your model 3?

• 2 or more major interior defects

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I hope this hasn't already been attempted, but I am trying to get a thread started listing each and every defect seen by those of us that have already taken delivery, whether accepted or refused due to defects, so as to give a better idea of the kind of issues that are prevailing with the model 3's release.

To those that have undergone the delivery process, please complete the poll and post any pictures of any defects.

Thank you

• Love
Reactions: SPIKE's M3AWD
This was my one minor exterior defect. A small hairline scratch above the drivers side rear door handle, really unnoticeable unless under the bright sun at a certain angle. I let it go, as I am getting it wrapped this week anyways.

20180725_111524.jpg

Threads like these just end up being fodder for the Shorts on Twitter, since they only represent deliveries with issues and not those that are issue free.

If you don't believe me, search twitter for $TSLAQ.

I hope you're not suggesting we don't talk about issues on cars that are to be delivered on the off chance that someone shorting Tesla stock would use it.

Threads like this can be extremely valuable for people going into deliveries so they know what to look for.

Hiding the issues does no one any good. There's no sense in "protecting" Tesla by not discussing these issues. They shouldn't be delivering cars with issues and if they do that's on them not us as the consumer.

I hope you're not suggesting we don't talk about issues on cars that are to be delivered on the off chance that someone shorting Tesla stock would use it.

Threads like this can be extremely valuable for people going into deliveries so they know what to look for.

Hiding the issues does no one any good. There's no sense in "protecting" Tesla by not discussing these issues. They shouldn't be delivering cars with issues and if they do that's on them not us as the consumer.

Absolutely not - we should talk about issues. Maybe add a choice in the poll that there were no issues and it would present a clearer picture.

Hi everyone, I hope this hasn't already been attempted, but I am trying to get a thread started listing each and every defect seen by those of us that have already taken delivery, whether accepted or refused due to defects, so as to give a better idea of the kind of issues that are prevailing with the model 3's release.

To those that have undergone the delivery process, please complete the poll and post any pictures of any defects.

Thank you
Pease add "no defects" to the list of choices. My car had zero defects upon Delivery

Sorry but the poll is ultimately worthless because there is tens of thousands of people enjoying their cars nowhere near TMC being minted each month.

Also, how qualified are people at grading defects?

There’s not even always consistency for GIa diamonds and people go to gemology school for that.

You got clowns here buying paint sensors off of amazon, crawling on their hands and knees with surefire tactical lights, armed with multi page checklists bringing out their inner paint doctor just for Tesla.

Wish it was an exaggeration but my inside sources confirm the behavior above.

Last edited:
Sorry but the poll is ultimately worthless because there is tens of thousands of people enjoying their cars nowhere near TMC being minted each month.

Also, how qualified are people at grading defects?

There’s not even always consistency for GIa diamonds and people go to gemology school for that.

You got clowns here buying paint sensors off of amazon, crawling on their hands and knees with surefire tactical lights, armed with multi page checklists bringing out their inner paint doctor just for Tesla.

Wish it was an exaggeration but my inside sources confirm the behavior above.

Originally meant as unofficial defects detected by the amateur naked eye that would sway our decision as to either accept delivery or refuse due to not being happy with condition, not a poll as to official percentage of defective cars coming from the factories.

I will try and get mods to delete this thread as it is one sided. I definitely intended to include "no issues" option in poll but might have missed it, as the number of options was limited. Will definitely simplify options in a redo.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Originally meant as unofficial defects detected by the amateur naked eye that would sway our decision as to either accept delivery or refuse due to not being happy with condition, not a poll as to official percentage of defective cars coming from the factories.

I will try and get mods to delete this thread as it is one sided. I definitely intended to include "no issues" option in poll but might have missed it, as the number of options was limited. Will definitely simplify options in a redo.

Also, I’m not a tinfoil hat guy but tons of losers hang out here with nothing better to do than to scrape info to twist to harm Tesla in every way possible.

You have Bolt owners FFS who are here for no reason but to troll as they hate Elon and all things Tesla. No Tesla owner is pathetic enough to tell Bolt owners how much their car sucks on their own enthusiast forums.

Some one is going to write some hit piece saying look... 90 percent of Model 3 owners or 70 or 50 or however they can twist it have major problems. See it’s right there on TMC! The land of Teslarians.. bla bla bla

No good comes from surveys like this despite what I know to be your good intentions.

Each car is its own independent variable anyway.

What’s it to me if your car is completely perfect and it farts rainbows and almost everyone else while mine is a total disappointment?

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA

Time would be better spent doing a Dragy thread . . .

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and forkee
I asked this in another thread, but got no traction -- when these issues are seen are delivery, how does the documentation process work?

During my delivery, we went around the car, had pictures taken. Then I left. They told me the SC would reach out for an appointment. I left with NO papers. I just signed my stuff and left, no papers, nothing.

Did I miss anything?