Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery In Ottawa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have a problem, I ordered my Model 3 end of August (26th).

The process so far has been super smooth (until now). I was supposed to get delivery yesterday from Montreal to my home in Ottawa, and waited during the day for the new car. But it didn't arrive. Upon calling them, and investigating further, they found out that the car had accidentally been picked up by the wrong truck, and went to Quebec city instead :(

They were very apologetic, and the service has been great so far, but I've sold my current car (and gave a 2 day buffer) after my expected delivery date of the 11th. So I have a logistics issue, not to mention the huge disappointment of not getting the car while waiting for it the whole day.

Any suggestions? They're trying to delivery it directly to Ottawa now from Quebec City, but do you guys have any ideas to get the car sooner in the next 1 or 2 days?

Thanks!

It's more if I can ask them for compensation, I can borrow a car for the weekend or rent one, but it's a hassle.

I called them and told them the situation, so they will try to expedite..

Question for you guys, can i track my car through the app, right now it just shows the videos?

It's more if I can ask them for compensation, I can borrow a car for the weekend or rent one, but it's a hassle.

Dude, you sold your old car before taking actual delivery of the new one. I take it, that was your one and only car.
That wasn't a very smart move, regardless of the brand of the new car you are buying.
That's on you.

And now you are complaining that any remedy would be a hassle?
Really?

Question for you guys, can i track my car through the app, right now it just shows the videos?

No, not for a Tesla.
If it was a BMW - sure. But you bought a Tesla.

If you can't manage this level of Tesla weirdness before you take possession of the car, I can't wait to hear your posts once you get it, and attempt to extract service or warranty work out of a SC down the road. That should be fun !

This is why I sold my car and rented one for a week when I changed over - actually pretty cheap and avoids hassles on either side - you can always take a rental back early or add days. Turned out my Model 3 was perfectly on time anyway but I got to have a week of fun guzzling gas with a Charger with no worries if anything went awry.

FYI this stuff happens with other cars too though - just got my wife a new GM last week and it had to go back in the very next day to have recalls applied that they forgot. Humans make mistakes, not a Tesla thing.