Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 delivery, they didn't show up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This also happened to me for my home delivery in March 2019. Though I'm just 40 minutes away from the Fremont delivery center, I had no option to pick up the car. I ordered at a Tesla store but I had no delivery advisor assigned. I still received three delivery-related text messages: the first informed me of an estimated delivery week; the second of a tentatively scheduled home delivery; and the third with an apology and rescheduled appointment date of a Saturday from 6-8 PM. On delivery night no one showed up. I called the 800 number and the Fremont delivery center too, but back then it was basically impossible to reach anyone on a weekend. Surprisingly, I got a call at 9PM from someone at Fremont who told me that a delivery driver was just dispatched so I would still be taking delivery that night. I waited til midnight but no one came.

So on Sunday morning, I went to my local service center (Dublin) to ask about the failed delivery. I spent an hour there as an advisor was on the phone with Fremont, and during this call she asked me to further clarify details for the Fremont people, at one point even covering the mic to ask "so you mean you don't have the car?" Finally, she gave me a post-it with her contact info and told me she'd follow up later that day. I got a call at 2PM from someone at Fremont saying that they "found the car"(???) and needed to know if I could take delivery ASAP. I confirmed and got a call from the delivery driver just before 4. The car was delivered without any other surprises before 5.

It amuses me that OP is in SF, not terribly far from Fremont either. Did Tesla ever give you the choice to pick up the car yourself?

Yes, they need to improve. That wasn’t why I had issue with your post. I had issue with your post, brocade you’re felling a new owner, “They WILL continue to have problems,”, and “No, they don’t appear to care”.
If you’re okay making blanket statements that doesn’t apply to everyone, at least have the ponies to take criticism for it.
This has nothing to do with apologists, and everything to do with how you stated it.
Don’t make blanket statements, if you can’t take criticism.

My blanket statement is accurate because it's a systemic problem with Tesla. Don't get all upset if you're wrong every now and then.

"A systemic problem is a problem due to issues inherent in the overall system, rather than due to a specific, individual, isolated factor. Contrast with pilot error, user error, or mistake. A change to the structure, organization or policies in that system could alleviate the systemic problem. Wikipedia"

My blanket statement is accurate because it's a systemic problem with Tesla. Don't get all upset if you're wrong every now and then.

"A systemic problem is a problem due to issues inherent in the overall system, rather than due to a specific, individual, isolated factor. Contrast with pilot error, user error, or mistake. A change to the structure, organization or policies in that system could alleviate the systemic problem. Wikipedia"

Well congrats. You’re improving already.
You went from “You Will Continue to have problems”
To
“ We have a systemic problem.”

Well done. !
A little more effort, and you’ll soon be at reality. :)

If the whiners and FUDsters stopped exaggerating the problems, the fans wouldn’t have to spend so much of our valuable time fixing your lopsided views. :)

This also happened to me for my home delivery in March 2019. Though I'm just 40 minutes away from the Fremont delivery center, I had no option to pick up the car. I ordered at a Tesla store but I had no delivery advisor assigned. I still received three delivery-related text messages: the first informed me of an estimated delivery week; the second of a tentatively scheduled home delivery; and the third with an apology and rescheduled appointment date of a Saturday from 6-8 PM. On delivery night no one showed up. I called the 800 number and the Fremont delivery center too, but back then it was basically impossible to reach anyone on a weekend. Surprisingly, I got a call at 9PM from someone at Fremont who told me that a delivery driver was just dispatched so I would still be taking delivery that night. I waited til midnight but no one came.

So on Sunday morning, I went to my local service center (Dublin) to ask about the failed delivery. I spent an hour there as an advisor was on the phone with Fremont, and during this call she asked me to further clarify details for the Fremont people, at one point even covering the mic to ask "so you mean you don't have the car?" Finally, she gave me a post-it with her contact info and told me she'd follow up later that day. I got a call at 2PM from someone at Fremont saying that they "found the car"(???) and needed to know if I could take delivery ASAP. I confirmed and got a call from the delivery driver just before 4. The car was delivered without any other surprises before 5.

It amuses me that OP is in SF, not terribly far from Fremont either. Did Tesla ever give you the choice to pick up the car yourself?

Really curious what the OP specifically experienced. Hello?