Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Ditch the Glass Panorama for Lift Back or Keep?

Which would you prefer ?

• Ditch the glass panorama and make the model 3 a lift back so I can haul more stuff.

• I prefer the glass panorama even though I won't be able to haul as much stuff.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This evening I checked the other car manufacturers, like BMW and Audi with its comparable models. I can't see the point that the current presented trunk couldn't be practical too. There are so many sedans with the very same trunk here in Germany like the Audi A4, even the A3, Mercedes C/E-Class or BMW 3-Series and noone cares that much about it - but you also can see many station wagons of the same car type, maybe something similar will be presented in "Part 2"? Anyway the Model 3 is a great car, it doesn't fir for every kind of purpose like for cargo duties but it's a highly desirable car for general needs, commuting and travelling.

upload_2016-4-2_14-0-48.png
upload_2016-4-2_14-0-48.png

If my only option is a big, panoramic glass roof, I would not buy a 3. I've driven S class Mercedes for 20 years, they all came with sunroofs and the only time I opened them was when pulling into a dealership, so that if a cable snapped, they could fix it. I do not like sun on my head and when I ordered my P90D last year I specifically opted for the metal roof.

There's nothing wrong with a Bolt being a better vehicle for you if you need a hatch. All EVs are good for the planet.

The bolt is a 37k fwd econobox. The 3 is a proper rwd/awd sedan. No comparison. I know I wouldn't get a bolt as its overpriced compared to the 3. My only point is for maximizing the utility of the 3, a lift back would provide more convenience and versatility for owners.