Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Enhanced auto pilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all! New member. I am in the market for a Tesla model 3 (new or used). After what seems like endless research, I have stumbled on a question I can't find the answer to. Are there used Tesla model 3's in the wild that still have enhanced autopilot? If so, is there a particular month and year of the manufacture date that I would look for?

Enhanced autopilot was available throughout 2017 and 2018. They stopped selling it in early 2019. I think it was around end of February but I don’t remember the exact cutoff date. If you can activate summon to move the car forward and backward you have EAP.

Enhanced autopilot was available throughout 2017 and 2018. They stopped selling it in early 2019. I think it was around end of February but I don’t remember the exact cutoff date. If you can activate summon to move the car forward and backward you have EAP.

Thanks! If I find a model 3 manufactured before February 2019 and the original owner purchased enhanced auto pilot, would it still be available with the car?
Did all Tesla 3 owners that had enhanced auto pilot have to upgrade to FSD?

Thanks! If I find a model 3 manufactured before February 2019 and the original owner purchased enhanced auto pilot, would it still be available with the car?
Did all Tesla 3 owners that had enhanced auto pilot have to upgrade to FSD?

As long as you purchase the car from a private party the EAP functionality remains with the car. Right now there is no additional functionality available from FSD. The only way to find out if the seller paid for FSD is to call Tesla and confirm it with them. You could start by asking them to print out a screenshot of their account showing the purchase, but you should still call Tesla to confirm it has been paid for. There is no way to look at the car itself to confirm this, so it gets tricky.