Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced auto pilot removed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently I got the original window sticker of my 2018 Model s 100d .
I got the sticker by calling customer service.
The original window sticker showed $5000 being paid for enhanced auto pilot.
I am the second owner of the car and it does not have the EAP. and SO what was explained to me was that this feature was “removed” once the car was traded in to Tesla by the original owner.

THIS MAKE SENSE?
Can someone explain it better?
Is there anyway to get it back without paying $6k?

Tesla sees this no different than if a car was traded into them (Tesla) with some physical feature (like tires / wheels) that were removed and replaced with stock tires and wheels.

Or, a Car that was traded into them with window tint, and them removing the window tint and then re selling the car. If they owned it, they can choose to remove a feature from it. So, yes, it makes sense from their point of view.

Many people are like "but its just software!" which is where this debate inevitably springs up, but that doesnt really matter. The owner can remove things if they can be removed, just like you could remove floor mats or the mobile charger + adapter, then sell the car without those things, they can remove software if they own the car and choose to.

Thats the explanation, doesnt mean people have to like it or agree with it, but thats the explanation.

Like @terranx succinctly said " No, there isnt".

Note that I dont work for Tesla or anything. I mention that because some people think because I am a mod at TMC I have some special "in" or work for, or with Tesla and I dont. I am just a regular owner like the rest of members here.

I am the second owner of the car and it does not have the EAP. and SO what was explained to me was that this feature was “removed” once the car was traded in to Tesla by the original owner.

THIS MAKE SENSE?
Tesla removes software upgrades (EAP & FSD) and free supercharging when traded into Tesla or pushed through an auction.

Check your motor vehicle purchase agreement (MVPA) and see if EAP was on the list of features. Or if you had any correspondence with the sales advisor that listed EAP as a feature. If you have either of these, they should put it back.

Strangely, Tesla remotely took away ludicrous mode from my P85D that I purchased from them as they said the car did not originally come with it. That was kind of a "duh" moment though as no P85Ds came with ludicrous mode from the factory as it had not been developed yet, and the MVPA did not reflect this updated feature when I bought the car. They were all retrofitted later. Fortunately I had the sales advisor's email where he confirmed the car had ludicrous, and after showing them this in the service ticket, Tesla unceremoniously added it back remotely "for free" within 24 hours.

Yea. Thanks. It didn’t say eap. I just noticed it when I saw the original sticker and scratched my head.
I guess it was taken off.
Although I kinda feel bad for the guy who spent the original five k on it and then lost it…..

THIS MAKE SENSE?
That’s awesome that you got a hold of your window sticker! Did you put in a service ticket, or phone someone at Tesla to get it?