Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Extended Warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many miles currently? Most people want to buy the extended warranty when the old one ends. It is much cheaper to buy it when new since the manufacture warranty covers everything for the first 50k miles.
I found out with my previous car that you can still buy the extended warranty at the new car price for the first 12 months and 12k miles. So I bought my factory extended warranty at 11 months and 11,8xx miles, which gave me extra time and and extra mileage before the extended warranty expired. Can't promise that all extended warranties work this way.

Which is why I find it interesting that Tesla is NOT offering an extended warranty for the 3. It should be a cash cow for them, so why not offer it? Are they losing money on the extended warranties for the S and X?
Warranty administration is costly, and as Tesla sells more and more 3s and Ys that is only going to go up exponentially. Some things Tesla decides to vertically integrate, and some things they decide not to. Extended warranties are one they have left to the market. If you'd like more details, visit us at www.xcelerateauto.com/X-care Cheers

I found out with my previous car that you can still buy the extended warranty at the new car price for the first 12 months and 12k miles. So I bought my factory extended warranty at 11 months and 11,8xx miles, which gave me extra time and and extra mileage before the extended warranty expired. Can't promise that all extended warranties work this way.
At X-Care, you are always better off buying at purchase time, as you lock in the coverage price, can use the warranty for any gaps in factory warranty coverage (towing for running out of juice, trip interruption, etc) and depending on your lender you can wrap it into your loan. Details at www.xcelerateauto.com/X-care Cheers

I'm interested but cannot find a copy of the contract/specific terms anywhere on your website.
Shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll send you a sample contract to look over, with some explainer links and verbiage to help you. Also, if you'd like to send your VIN, current miles and miles you drive per year, I can send off quotes.

• Disagree
Reactions: BMWM3Man