Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an email from tesla today, that my model 3 is ready to order (California - bay area)
1. IS there any due date before which i need to make this order or it expires ? or something like that ?
2.Anybody got any approx time window, how long it will be between the date i put my order and take delivery ?
3.Do we know if there is an option with tesla, that lets me pay for the car , and register the car under someone else's name ? like a friend ?
--- This is more like letting the friend buy and register the car under his name, rather than me buying the car, transferring the title..

I got an email from tesla today, that my model 3 is ready to order (California - bay area)
1. IS there any due date before which i need to make this order or it expires ? or something like that ?
2.Anybody got any approx time window, how long it will be between the date i put my order and take delivery ?
3.Do we know if there is an option with tesla, that lets me pay for the car , and register the car under someone else's name ? like a friend ?
--- This is more like letting the friend buy and register the car under his name, rather than me buying the car, transferring the title..
I was able to configure last week and was told 3-6 weeks. But as part of the registration I had to enter my license and insurance. So no good way to title to soon good way to buy for another.

As for a delay it appears easy to defer if you prefer a different interior color or other options. That was mighty tempting for us as we do not want a black interior and would likely have preferred dual drive. But the heat and now won out.

Last edited: