Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of this deal without losing any money, Tesla seems to be a stickler on refunds.

Someone who really wants to buy a black on black Tesla 3 while gaining the full $7,500 federal tax credit. (Plus $2,500 California tax credit).

Financing fell through. Basic black on black model 3. Pickup at Fremont factory. As always serious inquiries only to get 2018 federal tax rebate.

If you still wanted the car, I'm pretty sure you can find financing if you put some work into it.

Good luck with sale but seems like a high friction transaction.

Thanks everyone for insights. I'm sure there are some people hoping their Tesla 3 can be delivered in 2018 or essentially lose $3,750 off their federal tax credit. If not then maybe they would be interested in my order. I'm just looking for a Win-Win as they say.

I'm not sure you can sell your "right to buy". How do you think that that will work? Right now you have a purchase agreement with Tesla that says you'll buy that car if, for whatever reason, you back out of that agreement Tesla can reassign the car to someone else and decide to refund your deposit or not. I do not think you can reassign or transfer your MVPA either.

At best you would probably have to to arrange with a buyer to be co listed with you on the title and then you would transfer everything over to them. Either way, it sounds like a lot of hoops for someone to jump through for something that may or may not even be able to happen.