Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Front Windshield Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jehowe

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
Looking for any advise and/or confirm I'm on the right track getting the front windscreen replaced. I live in the Chicago area and in mid-April my front windshield was cracked by someone in a hospital parking lot downstate - reported it and they have video of the guy that did it but not hopeful he'll be caught. The crack for now is on the passenger side, but is long and growing. A full replacement is the only option.

When it comes to this kind of repair, Tesla seems to be the only option as it requires camera realignment. Calling Safelite, at least in the Chicago area, we were told they only do chip repairs not replacements.

We are working with the Highland Park Service Center to get it replaced, but it has been a painful process. We now have two blown service appointments at the Highland Park Service Center due to missing and broken windshield replacement orders - and are now looking at late May as the earliest date to get it replaced.

For Tesla glass replacements, am I on the right track to just wait this out with Highland Park? Would it be better to try the Chicago center? Is glass something these service centers never stock?