Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 FSD Upgrade Price is $4,000CAD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S, 2017 Dec. delivery now can purchase FSD for $2600
modelS_fsd2.JPG

Mine just dropped to CAD $2600 as well P100D Dec 2018. Will pull trigger soon. With the expected drop in the CAD/USD exchange rate and the potential for this pricing to go up I don't want to wait too long. If FSD is even half of what is promised $2600 will be a supreme bargain.
I am sure you have done your own research, but many experts think Elon claims about FSD with the Tesla tech is BS. I personally don't think he will be able to deliver on Half of what he promised. Considering he said true level 4 self driving would have been achieved last year and as of now he is not even close it is not looking great for him to deliver.

Here a decently balanced read about the FSD world and Tesla - Tesla has a self-driving strategy other companies abandoned years ago

• Disagree
Reactions: Vawlkus
I am sure you have done your own research, but many experts think Elon claims about FSD with the Tesla tech is BS. I personally don't think he will be able to deliver on Half of what he promised. Considering he said true level 4 self driving would have been achieved last year and as of now he is not even close it is not looking great for him to deliver.

Here a decently balanced read about the FSD world and Tesla - Tesla has a self-driving strategy other companies abandoned years ago
Well for me the extra stuff down the road is bonus. Just city driving, stop signs, and lights is enough for me to get on board. For my purposes no downside. Just upside with what Musk et al develop in the future with FSD and ride sharing.

Well for me the extra stuff down the road is bonus. Just city driving, stop signs, and lights is enough for me to get on board. For my purposes no downside. Just upside with what Musk et al develop in the future with FSD and ride sharing.

HW3 upgrade is worth 3K CAD. R&D and QA, Manufacturing and QA, Logistics, Shop Hours, Loaner (if applicable) hours. Sure, it would of been nice to save 3K but I (we've) used EAP for six plus months now. Sanity at RUSH hour is worth the money when you consider that stress can kill ;)

HW3 upgrade is worth 3K CAD. R&D and QA, Manufacturing and QA, Logistics, Shop Hours, Loaner (if applicable) hours. Sure, it would of been nice to save 3K but I (we've) used EAP for six plus months now. Sanity at RUSH hour is worth the money when you consider that stress can kill ;)
Agree wholeheartedly. I see you are in the GTA as well. Between driving the DVP, Gardiner, 427, 401, 407, 403, and QEW close to everyday/each week I think that is worth it on a daily basis.

Bought Autopilot . Not yet decided about FSD as yet.

Bought M3 in June 18. So it worked well to get TACC in 3 K.

Agree. At least with AP, you know what you are getting, and they are pretty good at $2600+tax. I'm in the same boat as far as FSD is concerned, will just wait. If they don't up the price and it looks good, I will go for it.

For now, AP would meet my goal.

The 2600+tax for EAP, is this price going to stay permanently or is this a temporary discount?
Not sure whether to purchase now or wait until i can comfortably spend 3k.
Rumour has it it will not be a permanent thing. Apparently a Tesla rep send it will ned April. Take all that with a huge grain of salt.

By the way it is not EAP - it AP. There is a difference.

Quick questions to everyone. I originally got delivery in June 2018 mad dash and paid $6600 + tax for EAP. Now my account shows $2600 + tax to upgrade to FSD. The thing is, when I calculate the total of both EAP and FSD, it brings me to $10,396. This doesn't add up to me b/c people who didn't buy the EAP during delivery can get it now for EAP $2600 + FSD $4000 + tax = $7,458. Am I missing something or should I be making a call to Tesla to request the price adjustment?

Also, did others who recievec delivery in June 2018 also paid $6600 for their EAP?

Quick questions to everyone. I originally got delivery in June 2018 mad dash and paid $6600 + tax for EAP. Now my account shows $2600 + tax to upgrade to FSD. The thing is, when I calculate the total of both EAP and FSD, it brings me to $10,396. This doesn't add up to me b/c people who didn't buy the EAP during delivery can get it now for EAP $2600 + FSD $4000 + tax = $7,458. Am I missing something or should I be making a call to Tesla to request the price adjustment?

Also, did others who recievec delivery in June 2018 also paid $6600 for their EAP?

I guess you haven't been following the drama over the past 2 weeks as all the early adopters have been complaining about the same thing. Elon acknowledged that their solution isn't perfect and they can't start refunding everyone to make everything equal again.

Yes, for those of us who got EAP early actually got screwed abit... Not to worry, Elon tweeted that all prices will go back to normal on March 18th. Consider this is a 2 weeks sale from Tesla. You might want to pay the $2,600 to get HW3 for FSD. I'm also considering now that he said the sale ends on the 18th...

Tesla is bringing Autopilot prices ‘back to normal’, Elon Musk admits mistake

Reactions: McFlurri
Yes, for those of us who got EAP early actually got screwed abit... Not to worry, Elon tweeted that all prices will go back to normal on March 18th. Consider this is a 2 weeks sale from Tesla. You might want to pay the $2,600 to get HW3 for FSD. I'm also considering now that he said the sale ends on the 18th...

Tesla is bringing Autopilot prices ‘back to normal’, Elon Musk admits mistake
Screwed a bit? It's like 3K difference. LOL At the very least, Tesla should adjust the price so that the people that bought EAP before should either get early access program or a price adjustment. Did you also pay $6600 for EAP?