Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 FSD Upgrade Price is $4,000CAD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...so tax wouldn't be refunded? I paid $4520 (including tax). If they're dropping the FSD price by 1k USD (let's say 1,300.00 CAD), then I could have spent technically $3051 ($2700 * 1.13). If they refund just $1300, then that means I've spent $3220 ($4520 - $1300), meaning I'd have lost at least $169 ($3220 - $3051).

The Tesla blog post has been updated with the new pricing
Upgrading to Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability

"Any customer who bought a Tesla prior to this week’s price adjustment will be able to upgrade to Autopilot for $2,000 or Full Self-Driving capability for an additional $3,000 (those who previously purchased Enhanced Autopilot and want to upgrade to Full-Self Driving capability only pay $2,000)."

This is referring to U$D of course.

FSD for those with EAP is live at $2,600 CAD
upload_2019-3-5_20-36-2.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-5_20-35-21.png
    upload_2019-3-5_20-35-21.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 88
I can now see the reduced Canadian pricing too.

$2,600 AP
$4,000 FSD

I got my Model 3 in June 2018, with neither EAP or FSD.

I couldn't personally justify it at the old pricing, but $2,600 plus tax is a real good value proposition. This car has already saved me approx. $3,500 on gas over 25,000km (hardly over half a year).
And I thoroughly enjoyed the 14 day trial I had with V8 Autopilot. I'm sure one day I'll spring for the Full FSD too.

Side Note: Do I need to update my insurance to tell them the car's value has increased? Is this software upgrade purchase eligible as a tax deduction if this vehicle is already being driven for work?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 10.50.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 10.50.08 AM.png
    324 KB · Views: 40
Good stuff! You get the best deal in town. $14k rebate and only $6,600 for FSD.

Same here.

Made quite a number of good purchase decisions.

1/ ordered without AP hoping to get the rebates. Didn’t order AWD because it’s not in the list.
2/ cancel when no rebate for Tesla thinking I can get it cheaper later. It does now
3/ reorder when we get confirmation we will get rebate. Didn’t order EAP because it was more expensive
4/didn’t pull trigger during and after trial at $7300 it’s just too much for EAP
5/ going to get the full deal now I get rebate payment confirmation

What a journey

Same here.

Made quite a number of good purchase decisions.

1/ ordered without AP hoping to get the rebates. Didn’t order AWD because it’s not in the list.
2/ cancel when no rebate for Tesla thinking I can get it cheaper later. It does now
3/ reorder when we get confirmation we will get rebate. Didn’t order EAP because it was more expensive
4/didn’t pull trigger during and after trial at $7300 it’s just too much for EAP
5/ going to get the full deal now I get rebate payment confirmation

What a journey
Good for you. I'm still debating whether I should pay the $2,600 for FSD as I have the up-to-date FSD available functions under the former EAP. I bet we won't see the truly reliable FSD features until probably 2 years later. I still find NOA is a working progress, so I'm not too convinced on the so called FSD by Tesla.

Well, I just upgraded my Model 3 with the the new AP for $2600 plus HST. $2938.00

I chose not to add this originally due to the $6600 cost. I tried the EAP for the trial and enjoyed the TAAC and Auto steer.

We had a discussion on this forum about the possibility of pushing Tesla to offer EAP in an A'l a carte style like optional TACC by itself.

I guess Tesla listened and chose to offer it separately.

Anyways, I am glad they did this. This should be standard with the purchase of the vehicle and not just Tesla but all new vehicles.

This would eliminate 90% of the accidents on the HWY during commute times.

Feeling good about this upgrade and hope there isn't to much angst about Tesla's decision with the price change.

Well, I just upgraded my Model 3 with the the new AP for $2600 plus HST. $2938.00

I chose not to add this originally due to the $6600 cost. I tried the EAP for the trial and enjoyed the TAAC and Auto steer.

We had a discussion on this forum about the possibility of pushing Tesla to offer EAP in an A'l a carte style like optional TACC by itself.

I guess Tesla listened and chose to offer it separately.

Anyways, I am glad they did this. This should be standard with the purchase of the vehicle and not just Tesla but all new vehicles.

This would eliminate 90% of the accidents on the HWY during commute times.

Feeling good about this upgrade and hope there isn't to much angst about Tesla's decision with the price change.

I just did the same. for me, I feel it's a good value.
It says up to 3 days for it to be activated. Anyone have a better idea of the real time it takes?

Good for you. I'm still debating whether I should pay the $2,600 for FSD as I have the up-to-date FSD available functions under the former EAP. I bet we won't see the truly reliable FSD features until probably 2 years later. I still find NOA is a working progress, so I'm not too convinced on the so called FSD by Tesla.

As a software guy in my previous life, R&D is not cheap. Adding a faster hardware will sure help everything. Tried NOA in my trial not up to standard yet so I know what u mean. Mind you, the limiting factor is the hardware. I can see the NOA greatly improved with a faster CPU

Reactions: McFlurri
If you go FSD, you get the 3.0 hardware upgrade, aka new AP computer.

Reactions: McFlurri
I can now see the reduced Canadian pricing too.

$2,600 AP
$4,000 FSD

I got my Model 3 in June 2018, with neither EAP or FSD.

I couldn't personally justify it at the old pricing, but $2,600 plus tax is a real good value proposition. This car has already saved me approx. $3,500 on gas over 25,000km (hardly over half a year).
And I thoroughly enjoyed the 14 day trial I had with V8 Autopilot. I'm sure one day I'll spring for the Full FSD too.

Side Note: Do I need to update my insurance to tell them the car's value has increased? Is this software upgrade purchase eligible as a tax deduction if this vehicle is already being driven for work?

I had the insurance people note in the file that the car has the new software options. I printed a PDF of the management screen with the cars VIN and options. With the price changes the value of the car hasn’t changed a lot. I just want them to replace the same car and options if the car is destroyed.

One problem I did run into with the insurance people is the name of the option Full Self Driving is very scary to the insurance people so they checked with their actuaries and I had to confirm that the car does not drive itself it only provides features licensed by Transport Canada.