Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 glass roof: anyone notice light scratches?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Took delivery of my M3 a couple days ago, noticed light scratches on the glass roof, the glass section that's above the rear seats. Its only noticeable under very specific lighting conditions. Took the M3 in to dealer and they couldn't find it (neither could i at that moment), but I swear I saw it (wife even noticed it).

Anyone else notice this on their M3?

Hi All,

Took delivery of my M3 a couple days ago, noticed light scratches on the glass roof, the glass section that's above the rear seats. Its only noticeable under very specific lighting conditions. Took the M3 in to dealer and they couldn't find it (neither could i at that moment), but I swear I saw it (wife even noticed it).

Similar scratches can appear on the S too. Just don’t look at it under those light conditions. My new motto: expect scratches haha

Hi All,

Sometimes when I look at the roof while I am going 80 mph, I swear I can see Elon looking through the glass. Have taken to service twice but they claim they can’t see it. I suspect they are humoring me and not going above 80 when they look. Anyone else observe this? Should I be worried my privacy being invaded? Maybe I should stay under 80 mph

Sometimes when I look at the roof while I am going 80 mph, I swear I can see Elon looking through the glass. Have taken to service twice but they claim they can’t see it. I suspect they are humoring me and not going above 80 when they look. Anyone else observe this? Should I be worried my privacy being invaded? Maybe I should stay under 80 mph

Are you sure you're not looking in the mirror ?

As long as Elon isn't harshing your mellow by telling you to put your pants back on, does it really matter?

I have just picked up my m3 rwd and have this on my roof. Visible when wet. Spray on the roof and it brings out the pits. Scratches go from one side to the other so dont look like its from the car being washed but more like when manufactured or installation. SC have offered to replace but looks like it could cause more issues as placement is perfect and i can only see on the roof when washing. Otherwise its invisible.