Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland live now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Appears to be incorporated into the steering wheel at the sides near the scroll wheel??

View attachment 969960
Yep same as the refresh S/X.
I presume gear change is on the screen with some touch buttons as well.

I was joking about my Ferrari reference above - but both the SF90 and the 458 have had turn buttons for a while. Albeit they put the left signal on the left side and right on right which seems more logical to me.

From the cutaway images on the Tesla site there doesn't appear to be a front mega-casting, can't see the rear to tell...

So missing is;
- mega-castings front (rear?)
- HW4
- new LFP battery chemistry
- New cameras?

Still a bit of alteration in the design to come I suspect.

Yep same as the refresh S/X.
yes, as per S/X(Refresh)

Left Scroll Wheel (SW)
The indicators are to the left
The high beam is to the right

Right SW
The windscreen wash of right top
The microphone is right bottom
Camera view?? is left top
TACC/AP/ EAP/FSD??? left bottom???

See Carwow review

Is Tesla incorporating Smart Shift in the HL?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
A summary of the changes...

Here is a list of everything new in the refreshed Model 3:
• Range has increases ~12%
• 50% of the parts in the car are new
• Redesigned interior with new door cards
• More premium interior materials. The fabric is softer to the touch and sewn with a more refined process to present a better overall texture
• Two new colors: Ultra Red & Stealth Gray
• No more stalks. New steering wheel contains the turns signals, light controls, horn, new camera button, wiper controls and mic control
• New dash design with textured/woven material
• Multicolor ambient LED interior lighting extending from dash to rear seat doors
• Updated center console with real metal handles, giving a more premium feel.
• 30% decrease in wind and ambient noise, 25% improvement in impact noise and 20% improvement in road noise
• Acoustic glass on rear windows and back window (was only on front windows before). "360º acoustic glass"
• More sound insulation for a quieter ride
• Uptick in hood to let wind go over more quietly
• Upgraded suspension for a more premium ride. New springs & dampers. New geometry on front suspension. New bushings. New way they mount the sub frame to the chassis
• Stiffer body
• More premium sounding door "thunk"
• Two motors close the trunk now vs one before, resulting in a quieter automatic close
• Tires have more cushioning for improved ride
• Center touchscreen now brighter, has smaller bezels, higher contrast & is more responsive
• More comfortable rear seats
• Redesigned lower rear bumper
• All seats are now perforated
• No fog lights anymore
• Front seats are now ventilated, in additional to heated
• 8" touchscreen for rear passengers in the back to control climate & enjoy entertainment. You can connect two headsets at the same time.
• New Model 3 is the most aerodynamic Tesla ever. Drag coefficient is 0.219 Cd
• Upgraded 2.0 ventilation system. You can now separately turn off the passenger side air
• Slimmer and sleeker headlight and taillight design
• New speaker bar in the roof
• New 17 speaker sound system (up from 14 before). It now includes 2 subwoofers, and 2 amplifiers. More punchy.
• 65W USB-C charger in center console so you can charge a laptop.
• Improved bluetooth
• Upgraded microphones. Now one on each passenger side. New mics make phone calls clearer and "smooth"
• Improved Wifi connectivity
• improved connectivity to phone so car will recognize your phone from farther away
• Two new wheel designs that optimize battery life
• Front bumper camera (maybe?)
• New Tesla lettering replaces rear Tesla logo badge
• Car is 8% more efficient thanks to better aerodynamics
• Car is lighter than before

• Working on new Performance Model 3I'm sure there are more things new about this vehicle that we will learn later.