Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland live now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The ventilated seats are enough to get me over the line when I consider all the other improvements as well. I'll just have to wait to see how the performance model compares with the LR. I'm a bit addicted to the acceleration of the performance, but at the same time, I could buy some Tesla shares with the savings from the LR ;).

Practical things that make a difference to me, coming from a M3P from Dec 2019:

• Range increase: This just makes road trips easier if one charging location is busy, then you can move on to the next one.
  • Wind noise reduction: I've heard people say the current model is an improvement over mine, so this would be a big improvement in overall noise.
  • Boot motors: Having 2 will be nice, as I don't have any :).
  • Centre screen improvements: The performance of my screen could be improved, especially when starting cameras, reviewing sentry videos, starting some apps.
  • Perforated and ventilated seats: I could live with my car for a long time, if only it had ventilated seats. This is the one thing that decreases my driving experience the most at the moment (dry wiping seem better and auto-pilot is behaving lately).
  • Rear touchscreen: The kids complain that they are cold/hot sometimes, so giving them control is awesome. Entertainment is a bonus.
  • 65W USB-C: I would have preferred a standard electrical plug, but this will help with working in the car, allowing me to do more taxi driving for the kids' events.
  • Improved bluetooth: There is weirdness on how the phone and car work with each other sometimes. There are ways around it like using the NFC of the phone to open the car, so any improvements here are appreciated.
  • Upgraded microphones: If this helps pick up the kids from the back seat then this is awesome. The grand parents struggle to hear the kids over the phone.
  • Improved Wifi connectivity: In my previous house this wasn't an issue, but where I'm renting now the car can't connect if it's left outside the garage.
  • Front bumper camera: If this is included then I hope we get a 360 view finally and having a view of what is in front of you is important. I'd also like the cameras to come on at low speeds when it's obvious it's a car parking situation. It just helps makes parking easier.

I ordered a M3 rwd 2 weeks ago, got the sms and email today and confirmed the changes to the order for the new model.
Currently says ETA October on one page, and TBA on the other. I took some screen shots of the pages, was pretty exciting!
So somewhere an order for a stealth grey is in the queue!

Ohh and during the process it says that because you are an existing order waiting for the old model, they will give you priority if they can match your configuration. I wonder if there are already a bunch made, or about to be made for existing orders which might arrive before the new order timeline of January? I guess time will tell...

Why is there no performance option? Will come later with plaid style steering wheel?

I am hoping that the Performance model is actually more of a differentiated version this time. I see it with black head liner and actual sports seats with Alcanatara on them, a little like AMG/M Sport seats. EDIT: Oh and with adjustable magnetic dampers.

Last edited:
IMG_5927.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5928.jpeg
    IMG_5928.jpeg
    539 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5913.png
    IMG_5913.png
    423.4 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: Hairyman
I’ve had a few people ask, Tesla didn’t offer to keep the same price as the 2023 model for the 2024 model, and the premium paint went up from $1500 to $2300. Would have been nice if they did being that I’d ordered it and was waiting but whatcha gonna do haha.

I’ll have to see one in person, but…

The design looks a tiny bit “sharper”, “fresher” and maybe more modern. But it’s subtle enough I don’t think it will make the styling of our 2022 seem dated. Reduced road noise would be nice. As would modestly increased range though the range of our LR model seems perfectly adequate. I have no complaints about the handling of out 2022 LR - a nice balance between sporty and compliant. So zero need to rush out and get the “latest and greatest”.

All my attention can now focus on taking delivery of out CyberTruck - hopefully in my lifetime!

As an aside, when can we expect the Tesla website to update to reflect the changes?

Last edited: