Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 in Buffalo, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm ready to make a reservation for a M3 dual motor, but the lack of service centers in the Buffalo area is stopping me from pressing on the blue button.
If I needed to have my car serviced in my area, my closest service center would be in Cleveland OH! I asked Tesla if I could drive up to Oakville (Canada), which is only an hour away, but their response was that they cannot service American bought cars in Canada.

Is anybody in a similar situation?

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm ready to make a reservation for a M3 dual motor, but the lack of service centers in the Buffalo area is stopping me from pressing on the blue button.
If I needed to have my car serviced in my area, my closest service center would be in Cleveland OH! I asked Tesla if I could drive up to Oakville (Canada), which is only an hour away, but their response was that they cannot service American bought cars in Canada.

Thanks!
I bought a M3 end of June. Reside in Buffalo. Recently had glovebox that wouldn't close replaced in my driveway by Tesla ranger.

Hi,

Thanks!
I am but I haven't required service so it hasn't been an issue. Tesla offers a mobile service that they say can handle something like 90% of the issues that might need to be fixed. Only major problems would require a service center visit. But like I said, I have had no issues in almost 6 months of ownership. YMMV but to me the car is so much fun to drive it way outweighs any service worries. Plus there's a lot less things to go wrong than on an ICE car. I'd also recommend ordering sooner than later as you still have a chance of getting the full Federal credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I live in Michigan. There are no service centers in the whole state! Who made the rule that you can't buy or service a Tesla in Michigan? Dumbest thing I've ever heard. The 1st service call, they came and picked up the car, took it to Cleveland, fixed it and brought it back. Nice. I just contacted them about a defect in the glass and they said just drop in and we would be happy to take care of it. I can't just drop in. It's 4 1/2 hours away. I guess I would have to get a hotel room and wait for it to get fixed. Nobody has time for that. Who can I write to to get the Michigan Tesla ban reversed?

Hi,
I live in Michigan. There are no service centers in the whole state! Who made the rule that you can't buy or service a Tesla in Michigan? Dumbest thing I've ever heard. The 1st service call, they came and picked up the car, took it to Cleveland, fixed it and brought it back. Nice. I just contacted them about a defect in the glass and they said just drop in and we would be happy to take care of it. I can't just drop in. It's 4 1/2 hours away. I guess I would have to get a hotel room and wait for it to get fixed. Nobody has time for that. Who can I write to to get the Michigan Tesla ban reversed?
Your State Congressman would be a good start. BTW, you have the dealership network to thank for the ban. They own your representative but if enough people make noise we might be able to change things. There are signs of weakening in NY so hopefully things will change soonish.

Hi,

Really? You are talking about a state government that is paid for by the other auto manufacturers. Its like Kentucky going non-smoking in restaurants.

Really? You are talking about a state government that is paid for by the other auto manufacturers. Its like Kentucky going non-smoking in restaurants.
Yeah, you definitely have a lot bigger lift in Michigan. But if some of the states start to fall then the Feds might step in (once the current administration is out at the earliest).

I am but I haven't required service so it hasn't been an issue. Tesla offers a mobile service that they say can handle something like 90% of the issues that might need to be fixed. Only major problems would require a service center visit. But like I said, I have had no issues in almost 6 months of ownership. YMMV but to me the car is so much fun to drive it way outweighs any service worries. Plus there's a lot less things to go wrong than on an ICE car. I'd also recommend ordering sooner than later as you still have a chance of getting the full Federal credit.
Thank you S3XY, I will definitely use your code. I feel better knowing that other Tesla drivers are in the same situation and they have been helped by Tesla.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Greetings from 716. I just picked up a Model 3 from the Mt Kisco location this week. I was told Toronto is acceptable as a service center by multiple people I talked to at Tesla.

I just got the car so we will see what happens in time but I'm not worries about it. I'm happy to hear though @solipsist489 has gotten the mobile service in the Buffalo area that makes me feel better.

I agree the car is such a blast it out weighs concern of service. But this is also my 3rd vehicle so if I'm without it for any extended period of time that's not an issue for me.

Best of luck!

Greetings from 716. I just picked up a Model 3 from the Mt Kisco location this week. I was told Toronto is acceptable as a service center by multiple people I talked to at Tesla.

I just got the car so we will see what happens in time but I'm not worries about it. I'm happy to hear though @solipsist489 has gotten the mobile service in the Buffalo area that makes me feel better.

I agree the car is such a blast it out weighs concern of service. But this is also my 3rd vehicle so if I'm without it for any extended period of time that's not an issue for me.

Best of luck!
Hi,

Congratulations on your new car! I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am, I took delivery back in November.

It's good to hear that we can take them to Canada for service, there is one service center in Oakville, only an hour from the border. I will give them a call one of these days to check.

Do you live in Buffalo?

Best Regards,
M.A.

I live in Batavia and have had my M3 for about a month now. I called the service center in CA and they said they can service our cars but they can't schedule mobile service for us. I also had asked this question and a few model S owners responded saying they have done this and one even had a loaner he took back to the states.