Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 inner tire wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 Model three dual motor with delivery taken December 2019. I am now at 18,000 miles (with one rotation previously performed) and due to tread depth at its rotation I just had it checked again just today. I have three tires at 4/32" and the fourth at 3/32". So it is time for new tires.

Two questions,,,,is this all the mileage I can expect for the factory tires (Michelin MXM4's)?

Also on tire check it was noticed that all four tires are noticeable showing wear on the inner part of the tire. Does anyone know if this is a result of normal factory camber setting by Tesla or a possible error? Just curious. In all of my vehicle ownership life (I'm currently retired) I have never experienced this sort of wear. So, I am not use to the possible pros/cons of camber setting/manipulation (and could use some education if this is normal on a car such as a Tesla).

Thanks all

Coming to you from Central Texas

Align to your driving habits and tire wear. If you do mostly highway, less camber at all corners with slight or zero toe front with factory toe-in rear. It's a heavy car with lots of dynamic alignment changes. It helps to align the car how it is driven(with a driver or two in car or equivalent in ballast).