Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

I'm getting anxious about insurance for my upcoming model 3. Would anyone shine a light on what to expect?

In my particular situation, I've got a clean licence, 31 years old, 6 years no claim discount.

Any idea of expectations around cost? Are Tesla's more expensive to insure?

Hello!

I'm getting anxious about insurance for my upcoming model 3. Would anyone shine a light on what to expect?

In my particular situation, I've got a clean licence, 31 years old, 6 years no claim discount.

Any idea of expectations around cost? Are Tesla's more expensive to insure?

It's pretty much a complete waste of time trying to compare you against anyone else - there are just too many variables for any reply to be of use. DL and LV are probably the two Insurers who are most familiar with Tesla's - but that doesn't mean they will be any good for you. Hastings Direct and Admiral get the occasional mention.

I don't know about the M3 but the MS & MX are in the top group, no reason why the M3 would be in a more favourable group. I'd try a compare the market or gocompare and narrow down from there.

Finally you could try NOVO Home | Novo Insurance | Tesla | Sports | Electric | Incident Management they were/are principally a claims management company with a fleet of Tesla's they hire out at great expense to the at fault Insurer. Their insurance is underwritten by ERS, a Lloyds syndicate who are good - and the cover is excellent at a premium price though - and a hefty excess.

It may have changed, but historically the best quotes from Direct Line required a phone call as the online quote did not take intop account a discount for EAP/FSD.

That may have shifted to just FSD, but still worth a call if the online process didn't ask about that...

• Informative
Reactions: -DB-
It may have changed, but historically the best quotes from Direct Line required a phone call as the online quote did not take intop account a discount for EAP/FSD.

That may have shifted to just FSD, but still worth a call if the online process didn't ask about that...

I was wondering if FSD would be taken into account. Worth a call to the closer to delivery for sure, Thanks