Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Internet connection wake up time.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an annoying problem with my new M3. Every time I get to the car in the morning, the LTE connection is down and it stays down for about 2-3 minutes, until it magically recovers. Now, this is specifically annoying because that is the exact time where you would want to use voice control for navigation (not working), use traffic information for directions (not working) or put some music on (not working). Anyone else experiencing the same issue? Is there a way to keep the car 'always connected' as the MS settings have (under the energy saving menu)?

full

I have had a Model 3 for 4 months and have always had this problem including on v9. I could have a strong LTE connection in a parking lot, leave the car for 2 hours, and when I come back, LTE takes 3 minutes to come on. I often can't reach the car from the app either. It is very consistent that it never works until the car is being used for 3 minutes. After the 3 minutes, LTE works great. Service appointment scheduled.