Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 keeps asking for my key card.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently my Model 3 keeps asking for my key card to start the car. I can use my phone to unlock the car, but it keeps asking me to place the key card behind the cup holders to start the car. This just started to happen after the last update. 2019.32.12.2 Any ideas? Thanks!

Thanks for the tip. I turned off my bluetooth and turned it back on and that seems to have worked!
I had this happen to me for my Moto G5+. Bluetooth off and on works, but then a day or two later, same thing. I never got contacts to work, so I just traded in for a Google Pixel 3a XL today (Moto was having other issue too). Entry works, driving works, and now I even have contacts show up.

Yup, my wife's phone started doing this (iPhone XR) as of .12.2. I ended up completely removing all traces of the Tesla app on her phone and reinstalling, making sure that the phone has full background privileges for Bluetooth, location, etc.

This has worked for a day now.

Reactions: G35Rocker
g35: iPhone?

My wife was whining about that for weeks until I checked her Tesla app on iPhone -- need the Location to be Always on. Her retort: well, I wanted to save battery.

Well, then, welcome to Operator Error.
Yes, I have an iPhone X, with the latest iOS. My location is Always on. It looks like my situation is fixed. Deleting my phone as a key and re pairing it seems to have worked. But others with this issue might want to check that their location is always on. Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Recently my Model 3 keeps asking for my key card to start the car. I can use my phone to unlock the car, but it keeps asking me to place the key card behind the cup holders to start the car. This just started to happen after the last update. 2019.32.12.2 Any ideas? Thanks!
The car isn’t seeing your phone fob, this happened after IOS-13, re-boot your phone if you have the IPhone. That’s all I did and It’s working now.

Fred

Reactions: G35Rocker