Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Hatchie,
Although not with Lex, I also have this issue with my lease company (Pink Leasing). Ive had mine since the 30th December and Pink have been trying to resolve it?

I reinstalled the app, and the service centre showed for about 15 seconds and then disappeared?

The lease compnay spoke to Tesla and asked me to email [email protected] directly today with the issue and the ....
· Full VIN of the car
· First and last name of the user
· Tesla-registered email address
· Phone number
· Email address

maybe try that and I'll update as and when I hear back from Tesla?

Good luck

Hatchie or Bangtidy - Any update on the Service Centre not showing on the Tesla App?

I've heard nothing back from Tesla and phoned the Birmingham SC today and they have sent an email to a 'new' app department??

Not sure I agree, but we are comparing apples with pears here.

The particular circumstances at the moment have, I believe, pushed the balance in favour of leasing. If salary sacrifice is an option (as it appears to be from the post), you will be getting a brand new car with a market-rate lease of £800 per month for less than £400 per month, depending on your employer's scheme and your marginal tax rate. You will likely pay no extra for insurance (including for up to 3 other named drivers), high-value road tax, maintenance costs, breakdown cover, replacement tyres.
Once the BIK rate returns to 'normal' values, I agree the pendulum probably swings back the other way.

DOI: My first lease this year following years of buying.

25000 miles a year is a lot for a lease, but why not at least get a quote and do the sums for yourself?

Thanks chaps for the advice. I've been doing the sums but been basing the leasing figures from the Tesla website. As we are a small company, I will potentially dealing with the paperwork/leasing myself as the owner suggested a salary sacrifice to me as a means of me getting a car that I wanted and is trying to help me out (also saves him a few quid through NIC etc.) I'm happy to arrange all the insurance, tax, maintenance etc myself but through the company, or is it generally expected that a leasing company will be the cheaper solution?

Sometimes the issue with the insurance is that if your employer has a farily large motor fleet cover then notional premiums will be applied. For example, our company insurer will be applying at least £750 +IPT and I suspect the insurance can be found cheaper if shopping around

So I received an email response from DeliveryGB as to why I am still not matched to a car despite ordering a standard M3P on 24/10.

On the purchase order LeasePlan sent to Tesla, they placed a restriction on there saying I did not want to be matched to a car before 05/02/20. Where LeasePlan got this information from I do not know. I suggest anyone who is leasing through this company, contact them and make sure there’s no restriction placed on the order if you are wanting your car at anytime.

The email also said there are a few thousand cars coming over for mid-feb with delivery early March.

So I received an email response from DeliveryGB as to why I am still not matched to a car despite ordering a standard M3P on 24/10.

On the purchase order LeasePlan sent to Tesla, they placed a restriction on there saying I did not want to be matched to a car before 05/02/20. Where LeasePlan got this information from I do not know. I suggest anyone who is leasing through this company, contact them and make sure there’s no restriction placed on the order if you are wanting your car at anytime.

The email also said there are a few thousand cars coming over for mid-feb with delivery early March.
Standard M3P in stock at Southampton ask for one of them

Sounds a common trend. Mine and a friends cars simply weren't ordered for months with no reason or explanation given. My experience of them this far has been a poor one.

Sounds a common trend. Mine and a friends cars simply weren't ordered for months with no reason or explanation given. My experience of them this far has been a poor one.

The annoying thing is, I ordered my car through Nationwide Vehicle Contracts and that’s who I have to deal with. LeasePlan won’t speak to me even though it is them that have raised the purchase order and are providing the finance. A quick google search of LeasePlan UK and the reviews are less than favourable.

At least it’s sorted with Tesla now and the computer should match me to a car.

I was hoping someone else may be able to confirm the following...

A colleague of mine ordered a similar spec SR+ as me back in August and received his car in November, this was through Lex Autolease.

He claimed that within the app he could see a confirmed order and then was linked to the vehicle at collection. However, when I log into the app I get a sign-in failed message saying there are no products linked to my account.

I’m wondering if anyone else leasing has a similar “confirmation” on the app, he did say he has to ring Tesla first as they had a different email address on file compared to the one he used to create the Tesla account but I’ve checked mine online and they seem to be consistent with the order so I’m tempted not to waste my time contacting Tesla I’d everyone else is in the same position as me.

• Funny
Reactions: Mf03
I was hoping someone else may be able to confirm the following...

A colleague of mine ordered a similar spec SR+ as me back in August and received his car in November, this was through Lex Autolease.

He claimed that within the app he could see a confirmed order and then was linked to the vehicle at collection. However, when I log into the app I get a sign-in failed message saying there are no products linked to my account.

I’m wondering if anyone else leasing has a similar “confirmation” on the app, he did say he has to ring Tesla first as they had a different email address on file compared to the one he used to create the Tesla account but I’ve checked mine online and they seem to be consistent with the order so I’m tempted not to waste my time contacting Tesla I’d everyone else is in the same position as me.
Your safest bet is to just phone them to double check otherwise you could be waiting months unnecessarily.

Reactions: RichOB
I have an SR+ on order through Leaseplan too. Nothing in the app, and I don't have a 'manage' page on the web account. Last time I spoke to tesla (las week) they said that the car is due in Early - mid Feb, and that someone would text / call / email within the next week or two to arrange delivery.
To be fair - I didn't ask if a car had actually been matched, or if there was a vin... Going to call again in the morning and ask those very questions.

I have an SR+ on order through Leaseplan too. Nothing in the app, and I don't have a 'manage' page on the web account. Last time I spoke to tesla (las week) they said that the car is due in Early - mid Feb, and that someone would text / call / email within the next week or two to arrange delivery.
To be fair - I didn't ask if a car had actually been matched, or if there was a vin... Going to call again in the morning and ask those very questions.

Best way. It depends on whom you ask, but the latest from Tesla is that they can't transfer the RN/order to the user's Tesla account until delivery when a "driver profile has been created". Having said that, Tesla also said (via a PDF they send to leasing companies) the following:

How does the customer get app access?
This is set up at point of order with the email address provided on the PO. If this needs to be changed please see instructions at Tesla App Support

So, yeah. I sound like I've a vendetta against Leaseplan but either they messed up again, or Tesla are lying.

Called Tesla today who gave me a VIN number saying that a car has been assigned (VIN was supplied 5 days ago). He did say that it wouldn't be ready for collection for 4 weeks though, which is a bit of a letdown as we were expecting it early / mid Feb. On questioning, he said it may be ready as soon as 3 weeks, but he couldn't guarantee that??

He did also confirm that the Vin and car details wouldn't be updated on my account until the car is collected as it was ordered through Leaseplan.

Is see a few people have called to ask about VINs. What number have you been calling?

Call your local or nearest Tesla sales center - mine is Solihull 0121 295 3317.

I'm sure you can ring any but I'm calling this one on a weekly basis to find out if I have a VIN yet (I don't), as it's the only way of finding out.

Be sure to have your RN number to hand, if you don't have it then ask your lease provider what it is.