Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for anyone getting their m3 in the next week or two through NHS Lease Scheme

Pod Point, who seem the defacto installers on this scheme, have been messing me about since September, and I still dont have any installation date for the charge point. The car is due to be delivered on Friday next week!

Has anyone else had issues with Pod Point? Or has anyone had their car arrive, and no charger? If so - what did you do in the meantime? Is a case of finding the nearest Tesla supercharger and going there every few days for an hour at a time?

Question for anyone getting their m3 in the next week or two through NHS Lease Scheme

Pod Point, who seem the defacto installers on this scheme, have been messing me about since September, and I still dont have any installation date for the charge point. The car is due to be delivered on Friday next week!

Has anyone else had issues with Pod Point? Or has anyone had their car arrive, and no charger? If so - what did you do in the meantime? Is a case of finding the nearest Tesla supercharger and going there every few days for an hour at a time?

I am in a similar situation. My car turns up a week today. But my Podpoint installation is booked in for 7th Dec. Took ages to get all the OLEV grant forms filled out ,signed, then photos sent of my property, etc.

So basically I will have to use public charging and the 3 pin UMC for the first 2 weeks of ownership.

Or has anyone had their car arrive, and no charger? If so - what did you do in the meantime? Is a case of finding the nearest Tesla supercharger and going there every few days for an hour at a time?
That can definitely happen. Using the supplied 3 pin slow charger is the best option. If you are near a supercharger, or other high speed chargers, then yes that is an option too, but can be expensive.

That can definitely happen. Using the supplied 3 pin slow charger is the best option. If you are near a supercharger, or other high speed chargers, then yes that is an option too, but can be expensive.

Does the 3 pin slow charger have any issues with fuse boxes etc? I know for some full chargers you need to ensure you certain specifications (which I am still waiting on after sending all the photos in months ago!) - or is the 3 pin no different than charging a phone? :)

Thanks for the help

Does the 3 pin slow charger have any issues with fuse boxes etc? I know for some full chargers you need to ensure you certain specifications (which I am still waiting on after sending all the photos in months ago!) - or is the 3 pin no different than charging a phone? :)

Thanks for the help

Using the 3 pin, uses 3kw. So basically a bit like running your kettle for long periods

Thanks for the help
It draws 10 Amps so a bit like using a kettle, so you don't need an upgrade on your main fuse. The difference is that pulling 10 A for a long period of time on a cheap/worn socket can create heat so you are best to check the temp of the plug/socket a few times every couple of hours the first time you use it to make sure every thing is ok.

If you need to use an extension lead then you need a good one with a thick cable and use it fully unwound.

Also try and avoid plugging into a ring main that has your kettle / washing machine or other high power devices on it - otherwise you may exceed the 32 Amp at some point when a lot of things are in use at once and someone switches something else on and trip it out.

Reactions: Simonix
I am in a similar situation. My car turns up a week today. But my Podpoint installation is booked in for 7th Dec. Took ages to get all the OLEV grant forms filled out ,signed, then photos sent of my property, etc.

So basically I will have to use public charging and the 3 pin UMC for the first 2 weeks of ownership.

Thanks for the reply. When did you get confirmation of the date from PodPoint? Just trying to work out - if they notified me today (for example) would I be looking at X weeks lead time for installation.

Thanks for the reply. When did you get confirmation of the date from PodPoint? Just trying to work out - if they notified me today (for example) would I be looking at X weeks lead time for installation.
I assume it depends on how busy they are in your local area, mine isn't an NHS scheme but is through my employer. Ordered the car mid september, got the email about a week later to kick off the process of getting a pod point, once I'd sent the photos through and filled forms out etc it was only a few days for them to then contact me with an installation date, they installed my charger on 28th October (should have been 1st Nov, but they called me about a week before as they'd had a cancellation and wanted to come earlier)

Just phone them up and chase them. That’s what I had to do. their installation teams are from various different companies that work in different areas of the country, so no telling what your area coverage is like.