Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Long Range is VERY Slow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OP seems to be MIA....

I was just about to say something similar. Actually, what I was about to post, was......

============================================

Right now, everyone in this thread is simply talking to each other. The OP has not been back on TMC since Tuesday Sept 21st, and anything else posted now is just speculation. I recommend we all wait and see if the OP confirms what the issue actually turned out to be. There isnt much point in keeping the thread going otherwise.

• Love
Reactions: jebinc
I was just about to say something similar. Actually, what I was about to post, was......

Right now, everyone in this thread is simply talking to each other. The OP has not been back on TMC since Tuesday Sept 21st, and anything else posted now is just speculation. I recommend we all wait and see if the OP confirms what the issue actually turned out to be. There isnt much point in keeping the thread going otherwise.

I hope he/she didn't return it within the return window. Still one if not best car under $75k

If this was a drive-by troll, they put some effort into it. And it paid off.

It is that time of the quarter

I am usually pretty good at spotting troll posts, and this does not feel like that to me. It feels like the standard "I signed up to the website and posted because I have this issue, then solved it so no need to re visit the website" type post.

I am usually pretty good at spotting troll posts, and this does not feel like that to me. It feels like the standard "I signed up to the website and posted because I have this issue, then solved it so no need to re visit the website" type post.
Probably.... how about those long term Tesla "supporters" who somehow manage to hit every single anti EV and Tesla talking point while they contemplate whether they will take delivery of that new S when they get their VIN.....

Reactions: Gasaraki
Probably.... how about those long term Tesla "supporters" who somehow manage to hit every single anti EV and Tesla talking point while they contemplate whether they will take delivery of that new S when they get their VIN.....

Even then, most times they are not trolls. People get all spun up when they start "researching their next car purchase" then see online that a lot of both car media, and mainstream media, has a distinct "dislike" for many things tesla for various reasons (The personality of Elon rubbing many many people the wrong way is a large one).

Then they google to find a car forum for it, and many of them end up here, then post with all their questions from the blog talking points. You can usually tell the difference between that and a troll in how they engage (or if) AFTER that post.

Source: 1 year of moderating TMCs model 3 subforum, which is one of the busiest subforums on one of the busiest "tesla" sites online.

This is really off topic for this thread though. I am hopeful the OP comes back and tells us what happened, because I am genuinely curious here on this one.

No, the driver is unused to the car (me) and I am a candidate for idiot of the year.
It ALL works fine! In standard now, and probably hit 4.1 to 60. ( doing the walk of shame right now)

I LOVE the car!!

(moderator note)

The account that started this thread is not the same one as the one making this post. If you are the same person, I need to let you know we do not allow "sockpuppet" accounts on TMC, which means we do not allow 1 person to have multiple accounts. Before we start digging into this, I would highly suggest if thats the case you pick one, and request the other one be closed, before we end up choosing one and closing it.

(moderator note)

The account that started this thread is not the same one as the one making this post. If you are the same person, I need to let you know we do not allow "sockpuppet" accounts on TMC, which means we do not allow 1 person to have multiple accounts. Before we start digging into this, I would highly suggest if thats the case you pick one, and request the other one be closed, before we end up choosing one and closing it.
I thought the same. Maybe it's time to lock or delete this thread? Was a long-time moderator on the miata.net forum years ago.

RSpanner started on post #33 on page 2, is he also the OP?

No, I don't think he is. What I got from his post was he noticed the same issue, and solved it by changing the mode from chill to standard like someone had suggested.

(moderator note)

I missed that, thank you both for pointing that out. @john5520 , thats now it looks to me as well, given that additional information.

@RSpanner sorry about the previous post, I missed that you had also chimed in on this thread with a similar problem.

Thanks everyone for the comments so far. Here are my responses so far:
- it was purchased new, received two weeks ago with only 52 miles on it.
- I've timed it cold, warmed up, 50% charge and fully charged. Fully charged meaning 95%. Never charged it 100% yet. I've supercharged it and charged at home overnight.
- Times have all been very similar, around 5 6 seconds. Best time is 5.23 seconds i believe it was.
- it is not on Chill mode. I am not sure about valet mode but will check but don't think it is.
- i can pay attention to form when depressing the accelerator to make sure i am doing it right.

I see folks on YouTube getting repeatable times as advertised but am at least 1.4 seconds off the 4.1 stated time. I thought I would purchase the acceleration/boost upgrade but sure won't if I can't even get the 4.1 now.
Also something to look into is the high voltage controller in the car ive heard that sometimes if it’s faulty or old it can effect power output on the car so maybe worth a look.