Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3: Louder Horns

Stock horns too quiet

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had the high tone horn fail completely. At first only one of two horns were replaced, the second did the trick. Sounded weak and didn't sound the same. As soon as the bad high tone was swapped it sounded as it did before and louder again. Mobile tech mentioned some the 2018s had a different horn placement and sometimes got water in them.
Just the opposite for mine, my low tone is out and it sounds like a moped... I haven't had it replaced yet. I thought it seemed fairly loud from the outside (when it was working) but I'm up for anything that can be improved. 2020 with Nov 2019 build date.

No, they are not direct a direct swap.
Only the OE Turkish horns with the same connector (used by a few OEMs around the world) are a direct swap.

There is a EMEA/APAC version of the horns that sounds a bit different on Teslas built there or for those markets,
and there is a drop in replacement from the Turkish manufacturer of the horns.

All discussed with photos, part nos, sound samples where applicable, etc in 2019 or so here and elsewhere.

Never saw anyone follow through on the swap... or at least post about it.

On the Model 3, has anyone replaced the stock weak horns with something louder like Hella horns?
I've looked for a video or instructions online but found nothing yet.
Finally got them installed, but on the model Y.
The only thing that I was waiting for is to find the right kind of harness.

IMG_0378.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0372.jpeg
    IMG_0372.jpeg
    443.1 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: Matsayz and hey8you