Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR 780 motor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same 780 motor, Model 3 LR - Europe 2021, with the LG 77kW battery - 580 km range
Got the same reply from Ingenext, that they did not test the 780 motor yet. Well? What are they waiting for ?
I willing to test their ghost interface with my car

Attachments

• 780motor_Europe 2021_LR.jpg
    780motor_Europe 2021_LR.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 276
It’s a guess without more detail, but I’m guessing this is the “hairpin” motor referred to here: Full list of updates in 2022 Tesla Model 3 and Model Y uncovered - new in-cabin radar, upcoming UI changes, and much more

what's weird is the hairpin note at that link says it's for the P, but folks are reporting it on at least 2 non-P cars.

Unless they've gone back to the old days of using the same rear DU on both versions, just that it's a new DU on both.

Reviving a bit of an old thread here for my first post! I just received my brand new Tesla Model 3 LR. I live in Hong Kong. I checked and it has the 780 motor mentioned in this thread. Seems very little info on this motor as far as I can tell. Did anyone ever compare the 780 with the 990? I'm happy to do some proper benchmarking etc. So far my anecdotal acceleration experience has been poor, which leaves me thinking that the 780 might even be inferior to the 990. Perhaps it's because I've owned a non-Tesla EV before, but I was expecting a significant improvement and this just isn't. I am also attempting to reach out to ingenext to see what they say about these motors and also considering getting the Boost 50. What is extremely frustrating is everything in Hong Kong is limited, there's no option to purchase the official Acceleration Boost upgrade at all! I regret not getting the performance version.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin