Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR 780 motor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
Few weeks ago I got a brand-new Model 3 LR with 580km range.
My motor series ends with 780.
I wonder if I could turn the engine to the Performance level.
I contacted Ingenext, but they haven't tried my motor series yet.
I see in the app I can buy the original tesla Acceleration Boost. So the Boost 50 should work for sure.
Ingenext proposed me to send me and test their devices (included the Ghost upgrade) saying that anyway there is no risk for the car, and I get a refund f t does not work.
Of course I want my car faster, but I don't want to mess up with a new car and warranty.
(The car is so new that still camera calibration is not over, and so summon does not start).
Are welcome any info about the 780 series engine, and the risk I could face trying Ingenext kits. Thanks

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I wouldn’t mess with aftermarket stuff when it comes to the software. Just buy the acceleration boost from Tesla, it’s a bit more pricey than Ingenext but it’s the legit software and no worries having to take it off if you need to service. Or if you really wanted Performance speed could’ve just gotten the P. I got the acceleration boost and couldn’t be happier. Off the line the P will still be quicker but at high speeds (which is more realistic driving), you aren’t that much slower.

Hello,
Few weeks ago I got a brand-new Model 3 LR with 580km range.
My motor series ends with 780.
I wonder if I could turn the engine to the Performance level.
I contacted Ingenext, but they haven't tried my motor series yet.
I see in the app I can buy the original tesla Acceleration Boost. So the Boost 50 should work for sure.
Ingenext proposed me to send me and test their devices (included the Ghost upgrade) saying that anyway there is no risk for the car, and I get a refund f t does not work.
Of course I want my car faster, but I don't want to mess up with a new car and warranty.
(The car is so new that still camera calibration is not over, and so summon does not start).
Are welcome any info about the 780 series engine, and the risk I could face trying Ingenext kits. Thanks

So, you have a car so new that it has not even finished the camera calibration, and you are considering putting in an aftermarket item the manufacturer of said item has no idea if it works with your motor or not?

You want to tie yourself to needing to get upgrades from ingenext instead of tesla for the life of that ghost upgrade being installed? A product they do not even have on their website any longer (ghost upgrade)? A car that is the most "connected" car in the world? One in which the seller of said product even states that they "probably" will be able to work around it if tesla disables it?

If you are talking about the boost 50, you are talking about saving a few hundred dollars over the OEM option which has none of these caveats?

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 8.13.34 AM.png

If the answer to all that is "yes" then go ahead.

Curious what this 780 motor is?

The Tesla parts catalog continues to only show the same 3 rear motors for the Model 3 that've been there for years-

The 970 (which shows up in bascially no actual vehicles AFAIK)
The 980 (Used in Ps, used to be used in everything and still occasionally shows up in other things)
The 990 Used in most non-Ps these days last I knew)

So where are you getting 780 from?

• Informative
Reactions: Adam3
Can you give more info about it? How it happened?

@MaskedRacerX was making a joke about you posting that in two weeks, not that it has already happened. I am not trying to be patronizing in explaining, just understanding that sarcasm is one of those things that is hard to translate into another language, and english may not be your first language, since your location shows Germany.

Also, people are interested in a picture of the part number (proof basically) not just a part number typed. Since you know where the label is, stick a cellphone in there and take a picture of the actual label, and post the picture. People are just trying to get proof of a new motor part number.

Well, congratulations!! I believe we have a significant discovery here! This is the first we've seen of this motor, and it's not in the parts catalog anywhere.

A quick cursory glance can't find any parts in the 158xxxx range either, so it really must be new. Newest parts I've seen are in the 156xxxx allocation.

Curious what this means!