Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. I placed my order for a LR M3 white external, black internal, aero wheels on 1/31. My estimates have bounced around more times than I can count. No VIN yet. They are now saying 3/10-3/28. I am working with the Burbank, CA office.

After talking to some of my peers who have M3s they recommended I test out a model Y and I am doing that this evening. I was interested in the 7 seat option but all the videos I have seen of this indicate it is really tight in the back seat. But I will take a look just so I can say I did try it out. I believe right now its about a $4000 difference between comparably equipped M3 vs MY, and then another $3000 to get the third row seats. So I will most likely keep my M3 reservation.

Its nice to come out of "lurking" mode on this forum and finally say hi to everyone. Can't wait to transition from my 16 year old Prius to a space ship. It still runs great but its a completely different experience. The Prius was all about learning to drive efficiently and saving thousands by hitting just about 50MPG every week. The Tesla can still be about efficiency but the fun factor should be orders of magnitude higher. Heck my Prius still has a factory tape deck.

-Joe

Delivery day for me is Thursday! Someone from the Tesla delivery called me today and said everything is on schedule and they are delivering to my house. I was surprised. I didn’t request that but I’ll take it. My SA that I have been talking to has never mentioned that at all and my delivery email gave me the service center to pick up from. Odd, but I’ll take it. Also they mentioned I have 24hrs to look it over and any complaints will be honored.

Reactions: Totallynotmike
Delivery day for me is Thursday! Someone from the Tesla delivery called me today and said everything is on schedule and they are delivering to my house. I was surprised. I didn’t request that but I’ll take it. My SA that I have been talking to has never mentioned that at all and my delivery email gave me the service center to pick up from. Odd, but I’ll take it. Also they mentioned I have 24hrs to look it over and any complaints will be honored.
nice that they give you 24 hours

Do we know what logic they use for deciding to deliver to your house vs their store?