Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wired money to Tesla today, without having a car yet... that feels like the dumbest thing i've ever done with $60k.... Anyways, called the local service center they said the car was built a few days ago and is due to arrive at the facility on the 11th and by then I should receive the text to schedule pick up. She said it doesn't appear that my car was affected by the charge port issue, but obviously if it was it will be a little longer.

Counting my blessings, but I am still confused as to why I received a 247xxx car when my OD was months later than some of you on here who are still waiting on a VIN. I've also seen Jan and Feb orders getting 250xxx vins!!! Jeez there is a serious flaw in this system. My sympathy goes out to you all.

Wired money to Tesla today, without having a car yet... that feels like the dumbest thing i've ever done with $60k.... Anyways, called the local service center they said the car was built a few days ago and is due to arrive at the facility on the 11th and by then I should receive the text to schedule pick up. She said it doesn't appear that my car was affected by the charge port issue, but obviously if it was it will be a little longer.

Counting my blessings, but I am still confused as to why I received a 247xxx car when my OD was months later than some of you on here who are still waiting on a VIN. I've also seen Jan and Feb orders getting 250xxx vins!!! Jeez there is a serious flaw in this system. My sympathy goes out to you all.
Congrats. I remember when we used to feel bad for the Dec folks, then the Jan, and now T-J-... I mean Feb. We’ll get them soon, but man it’s taking its time.

Just so you know, we wired $31,000 for the first VIN that was coming and after we (the wife) denied the car, it took a couple of weeks for the money to credit back to our checking account. Then when we got the 2nd VIN on 4/28, we just sent it in again. So it's not a big deal if sheet goes south as you will get your money back pretty quick.

Reactions: Spivas
When my quote expired it dropped by $1600
Well, crap. Mine expired a week ago...I updated the mileage, sent in new pictures Monday morning (because my model car is 'frequently modified'), got my VIN on Tuesday, and am now waiting for the stupid valuation process to complete. Took 4 hours last time. Local SA got involved to push through the quote process, but still no valuation.

Last edited:
Well, crap. Mine expired a week ago...I updated the mileage, sent in new pictures Monday morning (because my model car is 'frequently modified'), got my VIN on Tuesday, and am now waiting for the stupid valuation process to complete. Took 4 hours last time. Local SA got involved to push through the quote process, but still no valuation.
Fingers crossed for you that it stays the same or they raise it...I've actually heard of that happening.

$74,990 CA is $58,203 converted to US dollars on the Model 3. Article doesn't mention if that's base price with free paint choices and the 18 Aeros. In the US, the base LR is still sitting at $55,990. 😮
It's base. I just looked it up on the Tesla Canada page.

Why Tesla Pricing is Higher in Canada vs the USA, Explains Elon Musk | iPhone in Canada Blog

"According to Musk, the high price tag of Tesla’s cars in other countries is due to import duties, transport costs, and value-added tax."

Day 73 (6,307,200 seconds).
No VIN.
No EDD movement or shortening to two week window.
5 days out from beginning of current EDD.
Texted my SA yesterday asking if I was still on target for mid-May. No response.
Car accessories piling up from Amazon.
My wife says that I have the Wonder Woman car, since it's invisible.
My witchy wife was wrong about yesterday being "the day".
To my AZ people, the Glendale lot was packed, but it could have been the same cars from the day before, just waiting for charge ports.
Me to Tesla:
I am a 6 days away from my 2 week EDD starting and no VIN :-(

Caught in a real predicament as I am supposed to travel out of country between 19th May to 30th May (tickets all booked) and my EDD window is May 12th to May 26th. Don't know whether to postpone, or wait !!

Reactions: jpaychek and T-J-
Am I the only one that reads a text like this from the SA and tries to convince yourself that they're hinting that they know the car is coming very soon? 😆

"We are unable to generate these documents until the VIN is assigned. This usually is about 2 weeks prior to your delivery date, so it should be in the near future!"

Reactions: phishphan
I am a 6 days away from my 2 week EDD starting and no VIN :-(

Caught in a real predicament as I am supposed to travel out of country between 19th May to 30th May (tickets all booked) and my EDD window is May 12th to May 26th. Don't know whether to postpone, or wait !!
Life goes on, go travel and see what happens. Things can always get arranged if needed, but given my experience and what I'm reading here, there's a great chance it'll get pushed out again and you'll regret skipping / moving things around for no reason.

I
I like your sense of certainty, but how did you come up with that date?
The first round of cars are to be delivered in NY on 13th. Assuming the distance between the rail station of NY center and Indiana is same, the cars would reach both location on 13th. My assumption is that given the new cars have the charging ports, Tesla has now gotten there supply issue fixed, so likely will be sending the charging ports with the car deliveries. So the charge ports in Indiana will likely arrive at the same time. Giving a day or two for charge port installation and testing, you end up with 14th or 15th May.

Am I the only one that reads a text like this from the SA and tries to convince yourself that they're hinting that they know the car is coming very soon? 😆

"We are unable to generate these documents until the VIN is assigned. This usually is about 2 weeks prior to your delivery date, so it should be in the near future!"
Hoping you get your car soon, but remember that the number of orders placed between 20th Feb and 20 March is much higher compared to the number of orders placed between 20th Jan and 20 Feb. So you will see alot of people from Jan to mid-late Feb getting cars together, but the delay would be larger between mid-late feb and mid-late march orders.

Tried calling the 888 number to see if they had any updates for my order (last time one of the guys mentioned he was seeing May 29th), but I got transferred automatically to my local Tesla store versus the normal agents. This is like the 4th time it's happened in the past month or two. Wondering if they just auto transfer my number now since I was calling so frequently in March lmao.

Picked up my M3LR yesterday at Fremont. The car comes with mobile charger and matrix lights. HOWEVER, I do found another M3LR of VIN 241XXX have the "old" premium lights, which sort of confirms that some batches of M3 were made w/o matrix lights. Another useful information is, Tesla held up my car for 3 days, since I was out of town; 3 days range is the maximum.

Going back to the car, the building quality of my M3 is very good. I did not find any defects during inspection. BUT, I also looked around at other M3s on the parking lot, and some of them have small defects, e.g., obvious part nonalignment or window tape issue. In general, the car is amazing: fast acceleration, immersive sound system, even the suspension is not that tough, even I have 19' tires. Interestingly, it just took me several miles to get used to the one-pedal driving.

Anyways, I completely graduate today!! Good luck to everyone!!!