Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's happened before and they called their SA and were able to get a new VIN. It sounds like that situation could turn problematic.
Yeah I ended up calling and they said they said the VIN was released because I was assigned a similar vehicle but slightly wrong spec. The moment they removed it, date changed to 9-13 weeks. This morning it shifted to 6/27-6/30.. not sure what to do at this point

Yeah I ended up calling and they said they said the VIN was released because I was assigned a similar vehicle but slightly wrong spec. The moment they removed it, date changed to 9-13 weeks. This morning it shifted to 6/27-6/30.. not sure what to do at this point
I guess if they didn't have any concern re: getting your next VIN I wouldn't worry. I guess this is going to happen more as the quarter closes. The other time I remember this happening the SAs sounded concerned and the peraon's SA just got them a VIN but maybe it's not so unusual and they just did it for customer satisfaction or something.

I'm doing the daily tightening on my window thing now and I've decided not to react until July 1. Definitely hard to keep this going, as the date approaches though. Hang in there!

Reactions: battlebeans

Extended Order Status v0.2.1.9​

VIN​

• VIN: Not assigned
  • Previous VINs: None

Delivery​

• Delivery date: June 22 - June 30
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • July 07 - July 27
    • June 20 - June 30
    • June 19 - June 30
    • 6 - 9 weeks from order placed date
    • June 16 - June 30
I am back off the ledge. 🤪

(there have been many more date changes than shown here)
Our EDD tends to match exactly - I guess they are expecting all of the CO locations to get shipments at once.

Reactions: steve68

Extended Order Status v0.2.1.9​

VIN​

• VIN: Not assigned
  • Previous VINs: None

Delivery​

• Delivery date: June 22 - June 30
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • July 07 - July 27
    • June 20 - June 30
    • June 19 - June 30
    • 6 - 9 weeks from order placed date
    • June 16 - June 30
I am back off the ledge. 🤪

(there have been many more date changes than shown here)
From what I can tell from the other waiting rooms as well, MSM is showing up more frequently.. so definitely hopeful.

Last edited:
Ok I’m off the ledge. Woke up to June 18-30 on my w on b lr in LA.
Granted. I’m kinda considering canceling and buying this really low mile 2019 performance m3.
Don't do it man! 2021 has some good upgrades compared to the 2019 and its gonna come soon. I believe! Plus, 2019's are almost the same price as a new build anyways, with how the used market is like.

Strange, got this on my online account for the car. Delivery was June 24-30th the other day. What does this mean?

"Order Update

We are continuing the transition to Tesla Vision, our camera-based Autopilot system. Beginning with deliveries in May 2021, Model 3 and Model Y vehicles built for the North American market will no longer be equipped with radar. Instead, these will be the first Tesla vehicles to rely on camera vision and neural net processing to deliver Autopilot, Full-Self Driving and certain active safety features.

For a short period during this transition, cars with Tesla Vision may be delivered with some features temporarily limited or inactive. In the weeks ahead, we will start restoring these features via a series of over-the-air software updates.

PROCEED WITH DELIVERY (blue button to push)

Don't have a VIN or anything. Ordered May 25th.

Reactions: ytfsic
Strange, got this on my online account for the car. Delivery was June 24-30th the other day. What does this mean?

"Order Update

We are continuing the transition to Tesla Vision, our camera-based Autopilot system. Beginning with deliveries in May 2021, Model 3 and Model Y vehicles built for the North American market will no longer be equipped with radar. Instead, these will be the first Tesla vehicles to rely on camera vision and neural net processing to deliver Autopilot, Full-Self Driving and certain active safety features.

For a short period during this transition, cars with Tesla Vision may be delivered with some features temporarily limited or inactive. In the weeks ahead, we will start restoring these features via a series of over-the-air software updates.

PROCEED WITH DELIVERY (blue button to push)

Don't have a VIN or anything. Ordered May 25th.
If you click Proceed with Delivery, you should be getting your VIN soon

Big L if true. Huge shift to the right. From June 24 - June 30 to July 25 - August 14.

ordered May 2. Blue on white no FSD in NY.

UPDATE. Asked my SA if he had any updates since my financing would expire by the time of the new EDD. Got a generic unhelpful response.

Two days later (this morning) got a text from him and a VIN! Scheduled pickup in NY on 6/26.