Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the car never showed up today so I had to reschedule for Friday. The SA said that they have a new driver so he's not quite sure what's going on as far as it's location. I know the weather is supposed to be awful tomorrow so maybe it's a blessing.
Were/are you able to pick up your car today? I would hope it's shown up by now.

I'm still holding hope for my pickup tomorrow. I got an automated call from the store along with a text asking to confirm my appoint for tomorrow, but my account hasn't changed (it said to log on to confirm, but there's no option to do so). My SA said he'd call me a day in advance, so I'm hoping he'll call to confirm as well, otherwise I'll just show up and see if it's there haha. Though if it does push to Sunday, it may not be the worst thing. Saturday afternoons/evening traffic at Easton can be a bit of a PITA.

Got a text this morning that my car is on its way to Burbank and I confirmed my delivery appointment for this Sunday at 9am. Trying to figure out the insurance now (why the heck is the insurance so expensive in my area?!) and confirming my car value with carmax later today.

So excited!

Burbank and Glendale got some craaazy drivers. I used to live in Glendale and I swear there was a street race every night. :p

You need full coverage car insurance if you're financing the car. Tesla was the lowest quote I've received. Alliance car insurance was the next lowest
I always get the full coverage even with my old car. Tesla is charging me $237 with their online quote. Based on your comment below, I’ll give Tesla a call later and see what they could do.
So I just called Tesla Insurance and if you add autonomy and your miles driven annually(I'm WFH right now so have very low annual mileage) it can lower your quote even more! It dropped my quote down by $25. Eventually Tesla cars can tell Tesla how many miles you actually have with autonomy.
Burbank and Glendale got some craaazy drivers. I used to live in Glendale and I swear there was a street race every night. :p
I’ve heard the auto insurance in Glendale is ridiculously high! I live in the valley and it’s still high but probably lower compare if I live in Glendale.

So I just called Tesla Insurance and if you add autonomy and your miles driven annually(I'm WFH right now so have very low annual mileage) it can lower your quote even more! It dropped my quote down by $25. Eventually Tesla cars can tell Tesla how many miles you actually have with autonomy.
Just called Tesla Insurance they also did knocked down $25 off of my quote. Just going to wait and see what my agent from State Farm gives me and I will go on from there.

I always get the full coverage even with my old car. Tesla is charging me $237 with their online quote. Based on your comment below, I’ll give Tesla a call later and see what they could do.

I’ve heard the auto insurance in Glendale is ridiculously high! I live in the valley and it’s still high but probably lower compare if I live in Glendale.
I was able to lower mine from $206 to $181 they were really helpful I started the conversation with them by just asking if my quote was full coverage and she told me about autonomy and my annual mileage.

Reactions: lukey13
Question - I am doing my delivery tomorrow. I have a trade in as part of the deal. I received my appraisal from Tesla the week of 2/21. I have been driving the car I am going to trade in since then. Will I get dinged on my trade in value because the mileage is higher? Note: the mileage difference is about 800 I think.

Still no VIN, but as of 7am today I got my estimated delivery dates back! They’re gettin reeeaaal tight now...

View attachment 648119
Same EDD for me (Orange County). When did you order your car? I ordered mine on yesterday and it feels like the EDD is too good to be true. It said March 27- March 31 yesterday and today its 28-31. I fear they will update it tomorrow with June or something.

Have you gotten a text or call regarding a delivery appointment yet? Nothing yet for me, not sure how long right now it is between VIN and appt. scheduling
Nada. Although an hour ago I checked my contact details and my phone number was wrong smh. I was checking the spreadsheet and it doesn't seem like it'll take a long time. The avg seems to be around 10 days but I doubt it'll take that long. When did you order?

Nada. Although an hour ago I checked my contact details and my phone number was wrong smh. I was checking the spreadsheet and it doesn't seem like it'll take a long time. The avg seems to be around 10 days but I doubt it'll take that long. When did you order?
I ordered the 18th of this month, and I think the 19th was when I put in my insurance picture, since that was my only next step since paying with cash