Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The U.S. regulator (NHTSA) said as a result it updated its Five-Star Ratings website to show Tesla Model 3 and Model Y vehicles produced on or after April 27 “do not have NHTSA’s check mark for recommended safety technologies: forward collision warning, lane departure warning, crash imminent braking and dynamic brake support.”

U.S. agency briefed on Tesla radar sensor removal

Great 🙄 how much is our insurance going up?
That would be annoyingn

Just throwing out some info here. The M3 order tracking sheet shows 4 VINs assigned in the US today, the latest order date among them being 4/4 - Mostly west coast, one in FL. There are definitely more than that on Reddit and in here but I haven't seen anything from an order past 4/4.

Ordered mine on 4/19, my SA finally returned to work today after a week break & said my car hasn't been built yet. EDD has been stuck at '7-11 weeks' since the first big site outage early last week. Going to be a hell of a rush if they don't ramp up this week.

The U.S. regulator (NHTSA) said as a result it updated its Five-Star Ratings website to show Tesla Model 3 and Model Y vehicles produced on or after April 27 “do not have NHTSA’s check mark for recommended safety technologies: forward collision warning, lane departure warning, crash imminent braking and dynamic brake support.”

U.S. agency briefed on Tesla radar sensor removal

Great 🙄 how much is our insurance going up?
I figured it was only a matter of time until this happened and the increased insurance costs also crossed my mind. Thinking more and more of cancelling my order and wait until things sort themselves out from this mess.

I figured it was only a matter of time until this happened and the increased insurance costs also crossed my mind. Thinking more and more of cancelling my order and wait until things sort themselves out from this mess.
If you do that, I'd just keep delaying your order for as long as you can, rather than cancelling outright. Your order locks you into the lowest price - the LR M3 has gone up $2k since I ordered earlier this year.

Reactions: J_Nixon
Just throwing out some info here. The M3 order tracking sheet shows 4 VINs assigned in the US today, the latest order date among them being 4/4 - Mostly west coast, one in FL. There are definitely more than that on Reddit and in here but I haven't seen anything from an order past 4/4.

Ordered mine on 4/19, my SA finally returned to work today after a week break & said my car hasn't been built yet. EDD has been stuck at '7-11 weeks' since the first big site outage early last week. Going to be a hell of a rush if they don't ramp up this week.

Yeah all the Mode Ys have been getting rolled out. People that ordered in May got theirs before Model 3 orders done in March.

Ah nice when did you remove the hold? Worked out nicely. They’re taking care of the first orders. Congrats again.
I lifted the hold last month on the 30th. Thank you! Its been a long 16 months after numerous holds, two VIN assignments, and a lot of phone calls; I'm just thankful for my SA and the fact that they never cancelled my order. Reaping the benefits of the refresh at the locked in original price point is a nice bonus too. ☺️