Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For all those with an EDD in mid-late June, I just want to mention that before I got my VIN, my EDD was largely missing and showed 9-13 weeks for about two weeks before I received VIN. There were a few days where I did have an EDD and it was June 15-June30. So, looks like I am getting delivery much sooner than they anticipated. I ordered on 04/01.
Hoping this is the case for me. I have no idea how they assign vins. I also assume that contacting my local Tesla rep probably won't give me any new info and will cause me more anxiety than I already have....

I’ve seen a lot of folks post about unresponsive SAs, I guess mine is the exception to the rule. He has been helpful, even warning me that if I didn’t take delivery from the stock they had back in March that I would be waiting. He’s kept me updated and has texted and emailed with updates every few weeks. I’d like to make sure I give him a shout-out so he gets an attaboy from his boss, anyone know if Tesla does a post-delivery survey?

I’ve seen a lot of folks post about unresponsive SAs, I guess mine is the exception to the rule. He has been helpful, even warning me that if I didn’t take delivery from the stock they had back in March that I would be waiting. He’s kept me updated and has texted and emailed with updates every few weeks. I’d like to make sure I give him a shout-out so he gets an attaboy from his boss, anyone know if Tesla does a post-delivery survey?
Good on your for giving a well deserved review. Personally, I have barely been in contact with my SA. What info have you learned from your SA?

What info have you learned from your SA?
It seemed like a pressure tactic at the time, but he told me that I could take one from the lot and have it that day, order in early March and have it in a week or two, or wait (which I did) and have it late Q2. He was spot on for all of that. He also said MY’s would be a shorter wait due to less demand, right there too, my BIL is picking his up tomorrow and he only ordered 2 weeks ago.

Nice! Congrats!
I just saw my Tesla Vision confirmation this morning and I have the same EDD as you: May 28th-31st! No VIN either.
Ottawa, Canada here. I also had TeslaVision confirmation this morning and now EDD May 28-May 31, but no VIN. This should be conclusive proof the EDD is worthless. Can’t see how they could deliver my car today or Monday when I don’t even have a VIN.
Previously I had EDD late May to early June, then 8-12 weeks from order and then June 14-30. Ordered April 8.

Ordered on April 11th. First screen shot was from a couple of days ago.
Second screen shot is what we woke to this morning.
Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 8.20.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 8.41.01 AM.png

No VIN yet.
. . . David