Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once you order, in the app when you go through the additional options, you have the option then to sign your tax rebate over to Tesla, enter your SSN, etc., and they'll take it off the purchase price when you do your financial paperwork. You won't see that total reflected until you're at the point of doing your purchase paperwork, which for my wife's MYLR earlier this year it wasn't until a few days before delivery before I got all of the official numbers.
Awesome! So it had nothing to do with having to place a new order? Trying to not fork up another $250 if I don't have to.

Reactions: evfangirl
Anyone know when is the last day to order for the $299 lease special? I remember reading it had an April 30th expiration, but I need a car for end of May delivery. Is there a way to order now, lock in the price and then delay delivery? It seems like the grey/black RWD is in inventory all over the place

Awesome! So it had nothing to do with having to place a new order? Trying to not fork up another $250 if I don't have to.
Correct, you don’t see it in the app until after you pull the trigger. The $250 is a deposit, not a fee, and they take it off the purchase price later too. On the tax rebate, they give you the option of claiming it yourself or having them do it. I like the latter… one less thing to think about next tax season and a smaller taxable purchase price, helps absorb that impact when it comes time to register in Texas.

Reactions: LobsterLover
Correct, you don’t see it in the app until after you pull the trigger. The $250 is a deposit, not a fee, and they take it off the purchase price later too. On the tax rebate, they give you the option of claiming it yourself or having them do it. I like the latter… one less thing to think about next tax season and a smaller taxable purchase price, helps absorb that impact when it comes time to register in Texas.
I'm pretty sure the $250 is indeed a fee, and not a deposit. At least in Arizona.
Look at your Order Agreement document, it shows underneath the subtotal line, and adds a line called "Order Fee", much like the "Destination Fee", and both are added into the"Subtotal" in order to create the "Total" row.

I'm pretty sure the $250 is indeed a fee, and not a deposit. At least in Arizona.
Look at your Order Agreement document, it shows underneath the subtotal line, and adds a line called "Order Fee", much like the "Destination Fee", and both are added into the"Subtotal" in order to create the "Total" row.
Semantics probably, but are you saying the $250 did not come off of the price of the car? The order agreement parts out the pricing more than the website, but that $250 was part of the web-quoted price of the car for me.

Semantics probably, but are you saying the $250 did not come off of the price of the car? The order agreement parts out the pricing more than the website, but that $250 was part of the web-quoted price of the car for me.
Pretty sure it didn’t take anything off for mine. My order agreement shows 52,990 which was the website price at the time of my order.
If you continue to the “place order” page, you’ll see the website does indeed add the $250 fee to the car price (currently 53,990). While not a lot in the grand scheme of a 50k purchase, it’s a nonrefundable fee, not a deposit on the vehicle price.

Last edited:
Pretty sure it didn’t take anything off for mine. My order agreement shows 52,990 which was the website price at the time of my order.
If you continue to the “place order” page, you’ll see the website does indeed add the $250 fee to the car price (currently 53,990). While not a lot in the grand scheme of a 50k purchase, it’s a nonrefundable fee, not a deposit on the vehicle price.
In GA, mine shows a $250 "order fee" line item added to the car price and then, at the end, shows a $250 deduction line item taken from the purchase price for "order deposit," the net effect being $0 extra dollars plus or minus.

Hey folks, sorry to have had so many questions but you are such a good resource. While I have roadside assistance via insurance, have always driven cars with at least a mini spare tire on board. Should I buy one of these fixaflat or air compressor type kits for the new model 3? Wondering if that's a worthwhile purchase.

Reactions: evfangirl
In GA, mine shows a $250 "order fee" line item added to the car price and then, at the end, shows a $250 deduction line item taken from the purchase price for "order deposit," the net effect being $0 extra dollars plus or minus.
Sounds like it's State-by-State differences! Georgia law must be protecting you guys from "Order Fees", or something. My contract (Arizona) shows no such deduction. Guess you guys in GA are a bit lucky!

Hey folks, sorry to have had so many questions but you are such a good resource. While I have roadside assistance via insurance, have always driven cars with at least a mini spare tire on board. Should I buy one of these fixaflat or air compressor type kits for the new model 3? Wondering if that's a worthwhile purchase.
I bought the fix a flat from Tesla for my 2022 MSLR. However, the plug that goes into the cigarette lighter accessory receptacle fell apart. I put it back together but it's design seemed to want to fall apart. I really wanted a Tesla branded pump. It was made from a third party and not worthy of the Tesla brand. I returned it and replaced with just a Harbor Freight pump. I am suspicious that fix a flat would work with the sound foam in the tire so I did not get another fix a flat bottle. But I have no exprience with that part. The pump works fine and I have some plugs too.

Reactions: LobsterLover
I suspect it comes down to your tolerance to want to get back to driving more quickly, or rely on the tow truck. Personally, I threw one of the inflators with the sealant in my frunk and it just kinda lives there. I can use it to inflate tires (without the goop sealant) as they tend to lose pressure over time. To me, it was a worthwhile $40 or whatever it was.

One thing to note, for whatever it's worth, if you do USE the fix-a-flat sealant goop, I've heard it makes an utter mess inside your tire, will gunk up your Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), and you'll likely be spending to replace some of that. But, if you get a flat, it at least lets you get home.

Semantics is important here. It's a fee, not a deposit. It's not refundable and is not subtracted from the price of the car.

That's where the semantics are though. To me, an "order fee" and "destination fee" and literally anything else on there that gets rolled into the total I have to pay is the price of the car. If I hadn't pre-paid the $250 (you have to pre-pay it, but let's say you didn't) I would've either had to pay it along with all of the other required-before-delivery fees, or (if they allowed it) rolled it into the financing. How they itemize it is sort of irrelevant and is mostly done to make the numbers look pretty for folks that don't look at all of the additional costs.

Sounds like it's State-by-State differences! Georgia law must be protecting you guys from "Order Fees", or something. My contract (Arizona) shows no such deduction. Guess you guys in GA are a bit lucky!
I am probably beating a dead horse, but this is verbatim from the Tesla Motor Vehicle agreement “Your Order Fee is not a deposit for the Vehicle and it will not be credited towards your final purchase price.”

I am probably beating a dead horse, but this is verbatim from the Tesla Motor Vehicle agreement “Your Order Fee is not a deposit for the Vehicle and it will not be credited towards your final purchase price.”
Yup, here’s a screenshot from the website. It’s an extra $250 fee. It doesn’t get credited back anywhere in the description

Attachments

• IMG_6921.jpeg
    IMG_6921.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 4
Given that my EDD is May 2 - 16th
And I still have no vin what are the chances that I will still get it during that time frame
How much time before they actually deliver the car do you get your vin?
How long did it take you guys that have received your car already when they gave you the Vin before you could actually grab the car

And I still have no vin what are the chances that I will still get it during that time frame
How long did it take you guys that have received your car already when they gave you the Vin before you could actually grab the car
i’m may 9 - 23, i hope to see some good updates from you here in a week or so. this will give me confidence i’ll get mine too.

I got my VIN 3 weeks before the start of my last EDD. Then about a week later I got a delivery window that I could pick that was a week later and also before the start of the last EDD. I’m scheduled to pick up May 5