Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 5/13 and my EDD date is: 6/21-6/30 for NorCal delivery. I seriously do not understand how this system works.

I may actually put my order on hold to wait and find out the resolution of the clean energy bill. $10k is a lot of money to potentially save. Right now in the draft bill it is vehicles purchased after May 24th but that was when the draft bill was submitted. That date could get changed when it goes to vote which they estimate could be July/August time frame.
If you put hold and Tesla increases the price do you still get the original order price when you release the order hold?

OK - so after having my VIN assigned overnight/today my SA reached out and we started working through the logistics, mostly through Text message.

I decided to finance through Penfed (1.99%) and they will issue me a check. The SA created a MVPA with all the details and emailed it to me, and scheduled me for delivery on 6/15, which was the first available.

Things definitely did move fast, going from no EDD 2 days ago, to being able to submit final payment information today, but no complaints on my end - still plenty of time to sort things out before delivery in a couple of weeks. Will sort out insurance on Tuesday, and then just hang tight and wait for delivery. Hopefully if I get everything sorted on my end, I might be able to pick it up a day or so earlier.

Ordered 4/22 pickup @ Mt. Kisco
It was showing 7 - 10 weeks as of early yesterday.. didn't check again till now...

Got my Tesla Vision Disclosure and VIN assigned!! Showing scheduled Delivery June 1 - 7

SA called and Pickup is scheduled for June 5th @ 5pm... Unfortunately, timing is not great..due to work obligations.. but I will figure something out!!

Yeah and calling SAs is useless 😩 they really can’t do much about it. Some actually see if any are canceled and claim VINs but that’s rare. Mine says May 31-June 10th but my SA said expect it on June 27th...
My SA is pretty hard to get in contact with as well. I gave up and starting directing my questions to my Delivery Advisor, who has answered all of my questions. It might be worth trying. 05/31-06/12 EDD for me, 04/13 order date in Bay Area. I almost took a demo car that was in their inventory, but she told me that my VIN would be coming soon and it's best to wait. I haven't had a car in over a month so the struggle is definitely real.

I don't disagree at all & feel for ya, but post-order pre-delivery experience is the least important thing for them as a brand given they sell every car they make. If you're on here talking about it... you're probably talking about it in public, so they're getting extra brand awareness which I sense is almost a goal of theirs.
That'll only work for so long. They're still fine for right now because there's really no competition but as other automakers start to catch up Tesla is going to need to fix their customer service experience. I know I'll be switching to another brand once I'm done with this car (assuming it gets delivered by the end of June, otherwise it gets cancelled), I already cancelled my Cybertruck order. For me personally this isn't worth it.

My SA is pretty hard to get in contact with as well. I gave up and starting directing my questions to my Delivery Advisor, who has answered all of my questions. It might be worth trying. 05/31-06/12 EDD for me, 04/13 order date in Bay Area. I almost took a demo car that was in their inventory, but she told me that my VIN would be coming soon and it's best to wait. I haven't had a car in over a month so the struggle is definitely real.
How did you first contact your delivery advisor? Were you assigned one when you ordered? Cuz I never have one.

EDD back! May 31 to June 09!!
Same!
Yeah and calling SAs is useless 😩 they really can’t do much about it. Some actually see if any are canceled and claim VINs but that’s rare. Mine says May 31-June 10th but my SA said expect it on June 27th...
Mine says may 31-June 11th. Store told me Mid to Late June most likely

Reactions: Andooty
Ordered mine 5/25, out of nowhere now says delivery date 6/13-6/30. Mmmmkay. Friend of mine also placed an order..thinking is, and SA told us both same thing, we could delay up to 6 months and keep the same price. Then you are out $100. We are both kind of waiting out this tax credit hoping for no later than August. Assume it won't be retro to anytime this tax year...but who knows.

So I called the Tesla in Fresno, Ca whom someone told me to call as they give really accurate information. Looks like my SA was right. My configuration and model 3 won’t be built until June 26th 🥲😭. Pretty much explains exact build date my car is scheduled for. So much for ordering early but at least I won’t be checking every 15 mins. Sucks but oh well...

Reactions: EDG3ofINSANITY
So I called the Tesla in Fresno, Ca whom someone told me to call as they give really accurate information. Looks like my SA was right. My configuration and model 3 won’t be built until June 26th 🥲😭. Pretty much explains exact build date my car is scheduled for. So much for ordering early but at least I won’t be checking every 15 mins. Sucks but oh well...
Ouch! When did you place your order and what color?