Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you in socal or orange county and already have a vin, I followed up the txt that states 'my car was in inventory at pickup site' because i was impatient and actually scheduled a dropoff appointment in the next 2 hours at my house!!! I called Costa mesa delivery and they complied happily with my request.

Reactions: Ace777 and kerbyOT7
It seems like maybe it's not that simple.
It was my SA that put it on hold, I told him I didn't want to put the order in till April and he said no problem we can put the order in today and I'll just put it on hold and you can take it off in April and it'll put you into the order matching process again. So if that's not how it works then that just makes it even worse, it wasn't my idea it was my SA's, I just wanted to wait.

It was my SA that put it on hold, I told him I didn't want to put the order in till April and he said no problem we can put the order in today and I'll just put it on hold and you can take it off in April and it'll put you into the order matching process again. So if that's not how it works then that just makes it even worse, it wasn't my idea it was my SA's, I just wanted to wait.
Yeah, it's not your fault, but with all of Tela's issues I wouldn't doubt there is something messed up behind the scenes. There have been a ton of east coast VINS in the past few days and almost all with order dates after yours. But I guess all you can do is press your SA to look into it. I would be extremely frustrated.

Reactions: Crecin91
Yeah, it's not your fault, but with all of Tela's issues I wouldn't doubt there is something messed up behind the scenes. There have been a ton of east coast VINS in the past few days and almost all with order dates after yours. But I guess all you can do is press your SA to look into it. I would be extremely frustrated.
Oh trust me I am lol, there was a North Carolina order on here earlier with my exact config who ordered after me that got a VIN. I emailed my SA but I guarantee the response will be "I don't have any updates at this time but hopefully you'll be getting a VIN match soon"

Oh trust me I am lol, there was a North Carolina order on here earlier with my exact config who ordered after me that got a VIN. I emailed my SA but I guarantee the response will be "I don't have any updates at this time but hopefully you'll be getting a VIN match soon"

My SA said June 27th. I’m like online it says May 31st-June 10th. His words “the systems are all guesstimates but I have you for late June” 🤦🏻‍♂️

Well guess that's all my luck for the year.

Ordered May 23rd: EDD was 4 - 11 weeks.
2 days ago: EDD updated was June 20- 30.
1 day ago: EDD was June 13 - 30
Right now: Got my VIN and delivery is in the next three days.

Wtf? I'll take it.
Damn ordered a day after you, didn’t have a edd up until this morning (June 13-30) since the day of my order (4-11weeks), no vin yet :(

Reactions: JoJa15
A bit of an update on my end...

-So last night I accepted Tesla Vision and my VIN finder extension immediately popped up saying there was a VIN. This morning when I woke up I copied and pasted the VIN and messaged the live chat on the Tesla 3 page to verify. The lady there was happy to assist. She plugged in the VIN# I gave her and confirmed its mine.

-So after this, I immediately called my dealer and gave my SA my information and they confirmed my car just came off the line yesterday and will be arriving at the dealership on June 4th. I am scheduled to pick up June 5th woo hoo! So I have all this week to get insurance/financing finalized.

A bit of an update on my end...

-So last night I accepted Tesla Vision and my VIN finder extension immediately popped up saying there was a VIN. This morning when I woke up I copied and pasted the VIN and messaged the live chat on the Tesla 3 page to verify. The lady there was happy to assist. She plugged in the VIN# I gave her and confirmed its mine.

-So after this, I immediately called my dealer and gave my SA my information and they confirmed my car just came off the line yesterday and will be arriving at the dealership on June 4th. I am scheduled to pick up June 5th woo hoo! So I have all this week to get insurance/financing finalized.
What was your EDD right before you got the Tesla Vision confirmation?