Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a call from Tesla in Tysons Corner confirming delivery for tomorrow. The person we spoke with started giving instructions for where to go at the SC for the pickup and all. When we mentioned we got a text to do a home-delivery, it threw him for a loop. I don't if it was because of that or that we are paying by cheque but he was like "damn!". Also got an email from someone else there about signing and mailing back paperwork. Mind you, none of these fine folk were the SA who originally emailed us after the order was placed.

Also, via the scheduler link they sent us, we picked a noon delivery. However, Tesla changed this to a 9 - 6PM delivery... go figure. Hopefully there are no issues when it's delivered to the driveway.

What is your delivery range? I got my vin today and have a June 6-12 range in Raleigh. I have tried to contact my SA there and have heard nothing and would like to know a more specific date if possible. If you don’t mind sharing any info you find out, I would appreciate it.
Hey very cool another person in Raleigh getting their VIN ... when did you order? My info below in signature ... hoping to get lucky with the June delivery push!

Mine tightened up for the third day in a row. It's now 6/11-6/24. Yesterday the date on the left was 6/10 and the day before was 6/9. Ordered 5/1 and still no VIN. Picking up in Bloomington, IL.
I will pick mine up in Bloomington IL also, if it is ever delivered. Ordered 4/26. Until this morning edd was June 10-24. Today it was changed to 3-11 weeks, which doesn't make me happy. No VIN.

Reactions: aresgraphicsss
That is pretty absurd that orders that are cancelled aren't priority placed with people who ordered in March or April. They should have a algorithm in place for this
True - but if the car was already on its way to that destination they probably just looked at the list of orders at that SC and matched it to the next one on the list with that same config, especially if they're trying to move as many cars as possible.

So I just left the Buena Pak location and just came away more frustrated than earlier. I wanted to talk to my SA, but they said she was out delivering. I asked someone else there if they can tell me what my car's bday or planned bday is. He said "You'll know that once you get your VIN." What?! If I had my VIN I wouldn't be here pissed off and taking time out of my day to come here and ask when my car was built. He didn't even bother looking in the system, just brushed me off with a canned response. 🤬

Reactions: Andooty
So I just left the Buena Pak location and just came away more frustrated than earlier. I wanted to talk to my SA, but they said she was out delivering. I asked someone else there if they can tell me what my car's bday or planned bday is. He said "You'll know that once you get your VIN." What?! If I had my VIN I wouldn't be here pissed off and taking time out of my day to come here and ask when my car was built. He didn't even bother looking in the system, just brushed me off with a canned response. 🤬
OH MAN i HAVEN'T PISS YET i ORDER 4/20

Sorry to hear man. I pretty much gave up on it all. I’ll get it when I get it. Once it was confirmed twice that I wasn’t getting it until June 26th my hopes are gone 😭

Tesla really does have bad customer service. They make an absolutely great product, but think that gives them the right to not focus on the buying experience.