Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woke up to a new delivery range, May 31-June 9. Got motivated to call the tesla store because everyone was referring to conversations with their SA. Not sure if I have an SA, I did take a test drive, but didn't want to talk to sales people. The sales guy that was helping me never returned texts, even after I was replying to his. Anyway, I asked about my car (black/black/18"). Sales lady was super nice and said I was 2nd line for a black one. 15 min later, I got the email asking for payment and a Vin. Delivery June 1-4. I am guessing it is already there so I may try to get it sooner? Anyway, maybe it helps to ask? Good luck to all.
Woke up to a new delivery range, May 31-June 9. Got motivated to call the tesla store because everyone was referring to conversations with their SA. Not sure if I have an SA, I did take a test drive, but didn't want to talk to sales people. The sales guy that was helping me never returned texts, even after I was replying to his. Anyway, I asked about my car (black/black/18"). Sales lady was super nice and said I was 2nd line for a black one. 15 min later, I got the email asking for payment and a Vin. Delivery June 1-4. I am guessing it is already there so I may try to get it sooner? Anyway, maybe it helps to ask? Good luck to all.
After reading this post I did the same thing. Opened live chat on the website to see what’s going on. My delivery date was May 31-July 11th. The person told me I should expect a VIN soon and delivery June 1-4! I checked this morning and my estimate is back to June 11-30th 🤦🏽‍♂️

Not sure if anybody else has this scenario but I got the tesla vision message yesterday. Then found VIN in source code. VIN hasn't popped up on the actual account page yet nor do I have any documents other than the order summary, however delivery is scheduled at Kitchener SC for 6/6. No one has contacted me yet and I didn't get any say on delivery time or day.

Original order: 4/13 - MSM/Black, Aero, SR+
Change order: 5/16 - LR AWD

Ordered: May 17
Next Day: Got June 15 - June 30
A couple of days later: EDD got deleted altogether
A couple of days later: June 14 - June 30
This morning: June 13 - June 30

They're playing with me here.
The dates always bounce around a bit. My dates started to narrow 2 weeks ago and I started getting hopeful, only to have it revert to “7-13 weeks” for several days before I received my VIN. Think of the EDD as more of a “guess-o-meter.”
FWIW, my scheduled delivery date is right smack in the middle of the initial date range I received.

Does it really? Is it that shocking that people are impatient waiting for a $50k+ purchase? What about people who don't have a car, but need one? I have a truck to last me, so no biggie, though I am still excited to get it as quick as possible, but not every is so lucky. Also dealing with financing. I have a pre-approval that was a hit to my credit that lasts 60 days. I'm hopeful to get it before the end of the Q, but if I don't and I have to renew my credit, that's another ding on my credit.
Your ordering a 50k car to be BUILT for you. And you are ordering it online and not at a dealership. I would think a 1-3 month wait "SHOULD" be expected. I dont care how Ford, Dodge, etc all do it. I would never expect to order a car to be built for me and expect it in a week lol. The SA's should have more info sure, but at the end of the day... ONCE you get the car, you will fall in love with it for a reason. Were all just excited and it makes the waiting SUCK. But people complaining about waiting a couple months I believe is a little rediculous.

Your ordering a 50k car to be BUILT for you. And you are ordering it online and not at a dealership. I would think a 1-3 month wait "SHOULD" be expected. I dont care how Ford, Dodge, etc all do it. I would never expect to order a car to be built for me and expect it in a week lol. The SA's should have more info sure, but at the end of the day... ONCE you get the car, you will fall in love with it for a reason. Were all just excited and it makes the waiting SUCK. But people complaining about waiting a couple months I believe is a little rediculous.
People are complaining about the process at which these cars roll out. The fact that delivery dates say May 25th and won’t arrive til the end of June. The fact that some people have waited less than a week and others 3 months.

The waiting doesn't really bother me. What bothers me is the estimated delivery dates changing daily or multiple times daily. The worst of it all is the fact that people who ordered way after I did are getting their cars before me. I know there are manufacturing and logistical factors to consider to make the process efficient for Tesla but the non-transparency doesn't really help. In the end though, we will all forget this last 2-3 months of agony while waiting for the car that we will for sure love.