Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny you should mention BMW, comments on the Reddit thread state that BMW has done exactly that, citing parts shortages. Though they are making customers aware and offering a $250 reduction in price as compensation, so at least they're being transparent about it.

Really hoping we get some good news that our cars are coming with the 82kwh battery pack to make up for the removal of some features.
Yeah, the missing lumbar is almost certainly due to parts shortages, not them just trying to randomly cut costs. I’ve also read that BMW cut adaptive cruise from their lower model cars as well due to the radar shortage. Instead of going a vision route like Tesla it’s just not an option on their cars currently.

Can you imagine BMW just started deleting stuff like passenger seat lumbar support?

Elon is first an engineer, secondly a businessman. Tesla's priority is the tech and stuff like fit and finish is secondary. You just have to live with that, or don't.
There are reports of BMW doing this as well. However, their customers receive a DETAILED build report, knowing in advance what their car does and does not have as well as re-imbursement if they couldn't follow-through on their end.

I don't think it has anything to do with Elon or business vs engineering. If I was coming to your place and said I was bringing pizza but I show up without it, you're not going to like it. Now imagine if you paid for the pizza...

Also I don't think Elon is out here making these low-level decisions, he's trying to take Tesla world-wide, get Space-X, Boring company, Starlink etc. going. Probably somebody else internally thought this was a brilliant idea and nobody would notice.

I know I said I will stop coming here anymore to not see others get VINs before me and also stop refreshing my account page. I’m a little embarrassed to say that I’ve failed to do both. Lol

My SA replied to me today from my email on Friday. He was off the weekend apparently. He said he’s expecting my car late June. In fairness to him, that’s what he’s told me the day I placed my order. So I’m pretty much just going to ignore my EDD and wait for an email or text from them. If I get it earlier than late June then awesome but otherwise, I’d just look forward to last week of June.

Reactions: travis3000
My VIN is #979*** (it finally is showing up on my Tesla account haha), so I will let you guys know if I have the lumbar support or not. Personally Im not too concerned. Im buying the Tesla for

-The new refreshed chrome delete exterior
-Modern futuristic interior
-No gasoline
-Amazing tech abilities

The addition of the heated steering wheel, new refreshed trim work inside, and the heat pump sold me on it. A 82kWh battery would be a bonus too but thats not guaranteed. Im not worrying about things like Radar/passenger lumbar support but that's just my opinion. I can understand if its important to others. We all have our own reasons why we are buying this car.

I received my VIN for delivery in Eden Prairie last week. My SA said they had a large number of cars for delivery for the weekend. He also noted all of their weekend delivery options were full. He though I could pick it up today or Tuesday. Just received my text to schedule delivery last night and the earliest pick up date is Thursday too. Sigh…what’s another few days. I’ll take the day off to drive up there. What time did you choose?
I had the same experience—I'll be at the Maplewood location at 5PM on Thursday! Can't wait. Hope you enjoy the drive up here and, even more, the drive back to IA! Grew up in Cedar Falls. Bless.

Reactions: taynn
Hey Guys,
Seeing if anyone from Cali is in the same boat as myself.

LA County
Ordered: 4/13 - LR Black/Black 18”
EDD: has moved a bunch but currently 7-10 weeks

SA in Pasadena said car should be here beginning of June. Any updates from California?
I have a pickup appointment for this Sat for a black/black/18" LR. Ordered 4/11 in San Diego.I have a vin and have paid, but when I called the delivery center they sounded wishy washy and said it was still in production and that to set expectations, sometimes timings change. So we'll see...good luck!

I have a pickup appointment for this Sat for a black/black/18" LR. Ordered 4/11 in San Diego.I have a vin and have paid, but when I called the delivery center they sounded wishy washy and said it was still in production and that to set expectations, sometimes timings change. So we'll see...good luck!
Lucky, I ordered a white/white/18” LR on 4/2 and haven’t heard anything. When did you get your vin?

Okay so mine doesn’t give any date. Is this normal???
3A2460E9-5FCC-4B9D-B40E-23F24CB26058.jpeg

Funny you should mention BMW, comments on the Reddit thread state that BMW has done exactly that, citing parts shortages. Though they are making customers aware and offering a $250 reduction in price as compensation, so at least they're being transparent about it.

Really hoping we get some good news that our cars are coming with the 82kwh battery pack to make up for the removal of some features.
Doh. If it's a parts shortage then it's understandable but they should have been transparent and offered something as compensation. Passenger seat lumbar is not that important to me though.

Lucky, I ordered a white/white/18” LR on 4/2 and haven’t heard anything. When did you get your vin?
I got it on Sat afternoon, about 20 min after calling Fashion Valley to ask about it. I am still not sure if I am really getting it next weekend. The Calrsbad advisor I talked to sounded really hesitant. I feel like fashion valley triggered something, but not really.... it's always worth a call I guess.

Reactions: Jaredspink