Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Planning on doing something similar. How much did they charge are you doing full ppf?

I am looking at ~$7K for the PPF+Ceramic coating. Their Tesla package is $4K which is full front end+side rockers+rear bumper, and I am going to extend it to the trunk as well reduce my risk of scratching the vehicle when I go to remove snow which was another $800. The ceramic coating is another $2K.

Hi Travis,

What did you have selected for payment option at the time you got your VIN? Cash, Tesla Financing, Own Financing?

I was (probably falsely) lead to believe that I needed to complete the financing portion before I'd be able to get a VIN. I had selected Tesla Financing but waited to submit the loan application until the far end of Estimated Delivery Date was within 60 days so the loan approval wouldn't expire. I had been trying to balance waiting to loan doesn't expire with submitting loan to try to get VIN sooner. But seems like getting a VIN had nothing to do with when the financing portion in completed afterall.

Although my financing is done, still no VIN, but would like to hear your experience for benefit of others who will be in the same boat and also for reference if (who am I kidding, when) I order my next Tesla. Thanks!
I did the financing option and made my order on April 4th, the financing was done about a week later. I didn't want to wait too long because my SA told me that people who finish everything earlier get priority delivery. My financing was secured around April 10th or so I believe. Anyways, with a delivery date of June 7th it looks like the 60 day period won't even be reached however Im not sure in Canada if the loans have 60 day or 90 day expiries.

I can't tell you whether or not the time of financing affects the actual delivery. Like everything with Tesla, there are many mysteries haha.

Reactions: Ace777
I am looking at ~$7K for the PPF+Ceramic coating. Their Tesla package is $4K which is full front end+side rockers+rear bumper, and I am going to extend it to the trunk as well reduce my risk of scratching the vehicle when I go to remove snow which was another $800. The ceramic coating is another $2K.
All that stuff seems pricey down in the states which is strange because everything is usually cheaper down there haha.

I had a quote for $2500 Canadian ($2077 US) to PPF the entire front of my car (fenders, bumper, entire hood, lights) plus ceramic coat with 5 year warranty.

My previous 2018 LR RWD 3 with EAP was totaled in an accident May 1, so I ordered a 2021 LR 3 with FSD on May 10. Went from 5-13 weeks to June 11-24 now and even got a secret VIN peeking into the page source. The VIN's seem to have rolled over as mine is an 006xxx. Hopefully the new 3 will not be a downgrade from my old 3 which had Radar
I just accepted Tesla Vision today and got an official VIN of 983xxx, which doesn't match searching the web source code I did previously. My delivery is not scheduled yet but is estimated now at June 11-17.

From Toronto, ON

Yeah damn thats steep.

I'm hoping to PPF just the front for under 2K and maybe apply ceramic if its cheap or do it myself.
did they tell you how long they needed your car for? I cant think of getting a new car and having to let them work on it for a week.

Reactions: Jaredspink
I think it’s a total crap shoot due to how busy they are with buyers who are ahead of you in the queue. I ordered on April 13. Same model/color, etc. Bounce around on EDD from May 25-June 12 then to 7-11 weeks from order, to June 12 to June 30. Logged in on May 25 and saw a VIN and saw an email asking me to pay, which I did, 6 hours later got a text to arrange for delivery from Tysons. Taking delivery tomorrow. Could have taken delivery on May 25-30 but was out of town.
Update: got an automated call from Tesla to confirm delivery tomorrow. Called the SC to see if I can take delivery today, which they said they may be able to do. He told me my cars been ready for 3 days. Advisor also told me they have a bunch of cars on the lot that they are trying to get out of the lot into owners hands and they are trying to do that as fast as they can.

I did the financing option and made my order on April 4th, the financing was done about a week later. I didn't want to wait too long because my SA told me that people who finish everything earlier get priority delivery. My financing was secured around April 10th or so I believe. Anyways, with a delivery date of June 7th it looks like the 60 day period won't even be reached however Im not sure in Canada if the loans have 60 day or 90 day expiries.

I can't tell you whether or not the time of financing affects the actual delivery. Like everything with Tesla, there are many mysteries haha.
Thank you. Since you mentioned about having a week to do financing, I thought maybe you had not yet done the loan approval yet but still got a VIN.

I ordered 4/7 (EDD was 6/1-6/30 then), waited to submit loan on 5/19. Current EDD is 6/17-6/30 to Costa Mesa, California.

Congrats on your VIN!

Reactions: travis3000
Yeah damn thats steep.

I'm hoping to PPF just the front for under 2K and maybe apply ceramic if its cheap or do it myself.
did they tell you how long they needed your car for? I cant think of getting a new car and having to let them work on it for a week.

Whole front end or just front bumper?

I don't know how much it will cost for just the front end from the place I am taking the Tesla, but the place where I had my Camaro ceramic coated and the side rockers covered, quoted $3K for the front end. The $2K for the ceramic coating for the Tesla is competitive what the other place charged for my Camaro. So you'll be looking at maybe $1500 or so for ceramic quoting.

I could get the price of the Xpel down to $4K instead of $4800 if I forgo doing PPF to the trunk which I am still going back and forth on. My reasoning for doing the trunk is to get rid of the risk of scratching the vehicle when removing snow from it. I wouldn't do the trunk if I lived in an area that didn't snow.

They said they would need the vehicle for 5-6 days. Which is perfect since I would be out of town for my job during that period so it works out.

Whole front end or just front bumper?

I don't know how much it will cost for just the front end from the place I am taking the Tesla, but the place where I had my Camaro ceramic coated and the side rockers covered, quoted $3K for the front end. The $2K for the ceramic coating for the Tesla is competitive what the other place charged for my Camaro. So you'll be looking at maybe $1500 or so for ceramic quoting.

I could get the price of the Xpel down to $4K instead of $4800 if I forgo doing PPF to the trunk which I am still going back and forth on. My reasoning for doing the trunk is to get rid of the risk of scratching the vehicle when removing snow from it. I wouldn't do the trunk if I lived in an area that didn't snow.

They said they would need the vehicle for 5-6 days. Which is perfect since I would be out of town for my job during that period so it works out.
They quoted me 900 for 3 year warranty ceramic coating and 1800 for the full front PPF. Not bad price I suppose. It's 7000 to PPF the whole car lol

Reactions: travis3000
The wait wouldn’t be as bad if they didn’t give these fake estimates to people. Look in all honesty I knew it was a big wait but seeing May orders get theirs and your VIN is nowhere near is laughable. I wouldn’t mind if there was better communication. If they just say oh you’re from this area. We service those areas towards the end of quarters. If Tesla had a dealership and I had to sit there for 7 hrs to get my car trust me I’d do it happily. We’re not complaining about the cars here. The buying experience for some is really bad.
not saying your wrong but it seems like to me Tesla delivers in batches. I can only speak for my expeerences, but the showroom that I went to the SA was extremely honest when I asked him about the timing. He told me mid june so he was not that far off.

I do agree however that being tesla is a tech company, they should have better manufacturing estimates then they do.

The purchasing process so far has been really painless, but and its a big but, the estimates have been way off