Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps I was lucky but mine did not over-promise. He said end of quarter would be the ballpark for my mid-April order and then he mentioned I may miss the quarter cut-off when I changed my order in mid-May. It was definitely nice to get my VIN earlier than I expected and I would be very frustrated as well if it was the other way around.
Same here. Ordered May 14th, and was told it would likely be between June and September. I'm still hopeful that it's in the front end of that range.

Just unrealistic about time frame. Made it seem it’s totally possible to get paired with cancellations which seems unlikely when the cars on the west coast don’t get built til the end of June. Was telling me he would check inventory constantly for me and I haven’t heard a word from him in 6+ weeks. Leads me to believe even if a car was available he wasn’t gonna find it. Clarification beforehand on how the delivery date process works across the country would have just meant the world.
Yeah ... my experience was go online to review car ... ok it's amazing I am ready to make the move. Order online - $100 to get in line without any idea when I might get the car, but I know it's the right one for me so I can be patient (expecting a few months based on general knowledge I have heard). Find this forum and the amazing tracking spreadsheet of REAL world time frames and notice how cars are 90% delivered at the end of the quarter plus finding this thread is what set my expectation - expect the unexpected. No talking to uninformed, misleading salespeople - expectations are set and realize that MAYBE I'll get lucky since I ordered towards end of quarter. I feel awful for everyone who had their expectations set incorrectly ... it's the worst feeling. I really hope Tesla improves their pre-sales experience, but at least for me I didn't buy the car for that ... but rather the end product. Now saying all this and watching my dates go tighter and tighter ... and now vanish ... I'll just go back to my low starting expectations.

So called my SA,( I ordered 5/22 M3 Midnight Silver with FSD and had the initial 4-11 weeks. I’m picking up from Coral Gables. I have an estimate delivery date of June 16-30, yesterday was June 13-30.) he straight up told me that the car is going be here around end July, mid august. I’m extremely frustrated and wish I knew before placing the order and listening to my SA about it only taking a month and a half.

So called my SA,( I ordered 5/22 M3 Midnight Silver with FSD and had the initial 4-11 weeks. I’m picking up from Coral Gables. I have an estimate delivery date of June 16-30, yesterday was June 13-30.) he straight up told me that the car is going be here around end July, mid august. I’m extremely frustrated and wish I knew before placing the order and listening to my SA about it only taking a month and a half.
Good Thing for you is you ordered in May. A lot of orders have already been fulfilled in your area. If I were you I’d check online for existing inventory daily. I had a chance here but decided to wait for mine since it was an early April order and I was told end of May early on. There were M3s that were showroom cars with only 700-800 miles on them but not the ones I wanted. Some people might reject or cancel on your area. You’ll see them on existing inventory.

Reactions: Area52
Good Thing for you is you ordered in May. A lot of orders have already been fulfilled in your area. If I were you I’d check online for existing inventory daily. I had a chance here but decided to wait for mine since it was an early April order and I was told end of May early on. There were M3s that were showroom cars with only 700-800 miles on them but not the ones I wanted. Some people might reject or cancel on your area. You’ll see them on existing inventory.
There’s like one available, almost 100 miles away with 1500 miles but not with color I intentionally wanted. So honestly i’m just gonna vibe it out, but just very sad ):(

Reactions: Crecin91
I have to be honest ... I wouldn't believe the recent advice any more than the former advice. The SA's don't have any more insight in to the process than we do (possibly less). They get the cars when they get them .... and schedule for pickups once the VIN has been released. That's what it seems to me and when I was in the store the other day ... they showed me the screen - nothing additional.

Very fast delivery transaction. I unfortunately had minor panel gaps on side of the car. Other than that, white interior was super clean and no other issues driving it home!

tempImageHMQomw.jpg

Very fast delivery transaction. I unfortunately had minor panel gaps on side of the car. Other than that, white interior was super clean and no other issues driving it home!

View attachment 668447
After waiting for so long and staying up with this forum, I’m happy you finally got your car! Enjoy and have fun with it. I just hope we’re next up here in California, Buena Park

I'm *HOPING* he was either tired of answering "when is it getting here" questions and just gave a really late date, or he's trying to set a bad expectation so when it gets here earlier, it seems more impressive (aka the "Scotty Factor" - https://wiki.c2.com/?ScottyFactor). Of course, I'm also hoping it's not so bad, since I'm waiting as well!