Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got lucky and was able to get matched to a black LR on "Existing Inventory" from the Tesla site from a store Colorado, delivery coming next week! I ordered so late in the quarter (May 27th) I was concerned I may not get delivery til end of next quarter so I went for it. Has less than 50 miles on it and sounds like it was a showroom car so it even was $1,500 discounted. Keep an eye on the inventory pages folks! Good luck!
Can confirm!

Mine cost me a bit more because the existing inventory had sport wheels and I had ordered aero, plus I had ordered before the last $500 increase, but getting something right away rather than being without a vehicle for up to a month was well worth it.

Reactions: Stanleyj13
Can confirm!

Mine cost me a bit more because the existing inventory had sport wheels and I had ordered aero, plus I had ordered before the last $500 increase, but getting something right away rather than being without a vehicle for up to a month was well worth it.
Yep Exactly. Sold my car at the start of May and was anticipating at earliest a late June delivery. I had originally ordered white, this one is Black but the floor model price offset for the most part.

Also to the above my SA also said FSD could be removed and price would come down on demo/floor units.

Also these Demo ones, how do we know their build date? Do they come with Radars and the new wood trim interiors?
Anyone considered changing to white paint to speed things up, since its presumably the most produced?
I ordered white and some people that ordered after me have faster delivery dates to the same region ie. SF Bay Area. So I am not sure that is exactly it. The Tesla manufacturing/EDD is like a mystery black box. You put an order in and you have no idea what you are going to get out. Look at the post above me. The person ordered four days after me but has a three day earlier delivery estimate. Exact same car. Only difference is SoCal delivery versus NorCal deliver.

Almost pulled the trigger on a demo vehicle but was convinced by the person at the Tesla store not to bother. My car has been assigned a battery and goes into build in two weeks. Said it’s not worth paying the new price increase with miles on it at this point.
Oh Man,,, the exact same thing happened with me.. The lady on the phone (UTC store) convinced me not to take the demo.. She said I ll be paying the new price for a car with miles and probably slight scratches which she said would not be fixed. And also if I did not like the car, I would lose my spot and also my old pricing. I'm still thinking since she confirmed the demos all have radars and also no updated interiors (no wooden trim on doors)

How long does it take to schedule delivery after matching to a VIN? I got my VIN last Friday, and Tesla's Trade-In department received all the remaining paperwork from me this Wednesday morning, now I am just on the edge of my seat wanting to receive my car ASAP. You'd think after waiting for 2 months I can wait a little longer, NOPE 🤣