Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I emailed my SA last week saying that I'm ready to take delivery any time as I am paying cash, i said that the color/interior doesn't matter as long as it is LR and to keep me in mind if someone cancels.

He replied today saying that if someone cancels, you can only be matched with the exact same spec that you ordered (FYI). He also said that "we are in the home stretch" and my car should arrive within the next couple of weeks, before the end of the month(feels like a generic response to me). Ordered 5/16, current EDD 6/19-6/30.

Reactions: MarbleSoda
So I called my delivery location in NJ and left my number for a call back. Got a call back from Tesla phone support in Philly 30 minutes later. A nice and helpful agent named Jeff looked up my account after I explained I was simply sleuthing for any further intel on my delivery and was able to tell me that I had been “soft-matched” this morning to a vehicle with my confit set to leave Freemont and get to my Delivery site. When I asked what that meant, he said I was simply next in line at my delivery location for the build, so I would be properly matched within a day or two. Obviously stoked that my delivery may truly be here in June as estimated, will report if I indeed a get a VIN within the next 48 hrs. Just wanted to relay to give my experience; it was very helpful to grab those details and wasn’t too painful a process to do so.

Perfect thanks. Obviously I should wait to get insurance Bc I don’t know the delivery date right?
If you live in these states you don't need insurance on the actual car as long as you have insurance on another car when picking up
  • Arizona
  • California
  • Hawaii
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • Ohio
  • Oregon
  • Tennessee
  • Virginia
  • Washington

I called the the corporate office this morning looking to try charm the powers at be. -got transferred to Bellevue. The guy said "...hmm looking on our end; huh... well, I looks like you have been soft-matched... hmmm.... huh, it looks like... hmmm... you should get a VIN in the next few weeks."
I said, "you mean before the end of the quarter?"
He responds, "yeah, well.. yeah. I think so. --you'll probably get a VIN before then."
I asked "if I get my car in Q3 are you going to throw in a free key-chain?" --just crickets on the other side

...this process is such a disaster. My SA does answer calls and responds to texts okay, nice guy, but they don't know anything. Nobody does.
I can't plan for summer road trips, I'll have to reapply for financing, get my current car reappraised for it's trade in... Then there are the family, friends, and coworkers who with distinct bewilderment are asking me where my future-magic car is every other day; to which I have no answer. "what do you mean you don't know when you'll get it? Didn't you buy it 9 weeks ago?" ah yep.

...thank you all for listening to my frustration.

@mjwh, I did get a crumb of knowledge, more conformation that Spokane deliveries will have a 3-4 day delay adding to the transit overhead while they get shuffled in Bellevue. So, yeah. Great.

I called the the corporate office this morning looking to try charm the powers at be. -got transferred to Bellevue. The guy said "...hmm looking on our end; huh... well, I looks like you have been soft-matched... hmmm.... huh, it looks like... hmmm... you should get a VIN in the next few weeks."
I said, "you mean before the end of the quarter?"
He responds, "yeah, well.. yeah. I think so. --you'll probably get a VIN before then."
I asked "if I get my car in Q3 are you going to throw in a free key-chain?" --just crickets on the other side

...this process is such a disaster. My SA does answer calls and responds to texts okay, nice guy, but they don't know anything. Nobody does.
I can't plan for summer road trips, I'll have to reapply for financing, get my current car reappraised for it's trade in... Then there are the family, friends, and coworkers who with distinct bewilderment are asking me where my future-magic car is every other day; to which I have no answer. "what do you mean you don't know when you'll get it? Didn't you buy it 9 weeks ago?" ah yep.

...thank you all for listening to my frustration.

@mjwh, I did get a crumb of knowledge, more conformation that Spokane deliveries will have a 3-4 day delay adding to the transit overhead while they get shuffled in Bellevue. So, yeah. Great.
Yep very frustrating. And I too get those questions almost daily! It's making me annoyed and mad even more when I get asked that too! Urrghhh! Come on Elon! We need our cars this week or next week!

If you live in these states you don't need insurance on the actual car as long as you have insurance on another car when picking up
  • Arizona
  • California
  • Hawaii
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • Ohio
  • Oregon
  • Tennessee
  • Virginia
  • Washington
I was told just yesterday when I called to ask about my car that, at least in Texas, they need 2 days from when they get the proof of insurance with the Tesla VIN in order to get the temporary tags in time that are required to drive it off the lot.

Reactions: TexAlly5
Emailed my SA last night and asked if they would price match me with a new car in Texas and pay or split the transport fee. He said no chance and theres no update on my April order. He thinks end of the month is most likely for now. First response in forever
I tried doing the same thing for a car in Arizona.. mine pretty much told me the same thing. They told me it's better to wait towards the end of the month. Supposedly it's too much of a hassle to transport from state to state.. maybe I should have taken a day off for a trip to Phoenix.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I just got my Congratulations email to set up my delivery appointment! ...and when I went to the provided URL, I get this:
1623175867943.png

yay.