Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I FINALLY GOT A VIN! Was checking the source code without realizing I had the Tesla Vision screen.. clicked Accept and VIN appeared!
Wow.. Incredibly upset 🤬. Got the Tesla Vision loading screen, accepted, and received VIN today. 30 mins later, I went to refresh the site and VIN is GONE with new EDD of 9-13 WEEKS. Called Tesla to ask why and they told me they accidentally assigned me the wrong vehicle. AND it seems like my place in line got reset somehow with this 9-13 week EDD.

Last edited:
Wow.. Incredibly upset. Got the Tesla Vision loading screen, accepted, and received VIN today. 30 mins later, I went to refresh the site and VIN is gone with new EDD of 9-13 WEEKS. Called Tesla to ask why and they told me they accidentally assigned me the wrong vehicle. AND it seems like my place in line got reset somehow with this 9-13 week EDD.
I'd lose my *sugar*, go straight ape on them. But I am not really known for my patience and tact.

It seems to be that the vehicle match system will always have incentives to pair people who order later to get the higher price. Why match a car with an earlier order thats locked in at a low number? April orders will legit be built from the factory last and some May/June ones will be filled by people who ordered and then cancelled/never accepted delivery

From a business standpoint Tesla gets better numbers and the people who ordered later pay them higher prices. From a customer service standpoint they just straight up F people who waited. Not shocking tho

It seems to be that the vehicle match system will always have incentives to pair people who order later to get the higher price. Why match a car with an earlier order thats locked in at a low number? April orders will legit be built from the factory last and some May/June ones will be filled by people who ordered and then cancelled/never accepted delivery
This entire process lacks transparency. Why tell Californians that they're going to get their cars in April & May when you have no intention of trying to match them with cars until the last two weeks of June?

What happens when prices go up again? Will we be deprioritized even more? We wouldn't need to make this speculation if they were transparent...

Reactions: M3isforme
This entire process lacks transparency. Why tell Californians that they're going to get their cars in April & May when you have no intention of trying to match them with cars until the last two weeks of June?

What happens when prices go up again? Will we be deprioritized even more? We wouldn't need to make this speculation if they were transparent...
Amen.

Because Tesla is the current EV leader and demand is unprecedented, customer service is nearly non-existent. They simple do not care and do not need to right now. Unless it’s a PR nightmare… in fact us collectively should have Electrek, Teslarati, and InsideEVs publish an article about the outrageous delivery process. That’s when Elon and gang will notice

Reactions: M3LRRoadTrips

I mean they have NO reason to pair you with an available car. Q2 numbers will be much higher if they match people who ordered for $500-1500 more. May 20th just received its order. You don't think all the people waiting for April orders Not one of them matched?

From a business standpoint Tesla gets better numbers and the people who ordered later pay them higher prices. From a customer service standpoint they just straight up F people who waited. Not shocking tho
We
I mean they have NO reason to pair you with an available car. Q2 numbers will be much higher if they match people who ordered for $500-1500 more. May 20th just received its order. You don't think all the people waiting for April orders Not one of them matched?
We’re all just speculating, including the SA’s. There’s no reason to assume anything anti-consumer until July. We all knew their order process was a *sugar* show and that Elon doesn’t care much about disseminating info to customers (re: no marketing dept). Let’s be cool about this for now…

They do have a reason though. They should stick to their word and build the car for the agreed price. Now whether their ethics align with their business values then that's a different question

We

We’re all just speculating, including the SA’s. There’s no reason to assume anything anti-consumer until July. We all knew their order process was a *sugar* show and that Elon doesn’t care much about disseminating info to customers (re: no marketing dept). Let’s be cool about this for now…
Sounds like
They do have a reason though. They should stick to their word and build the car for the agreed price. Now whether their ethics align with their business values then that's a different question
Hard to give them the benefit of the doubt. There is no reasonable explanation why someone ordering 6 weeks after you gets a car in California. At first I thought other parts of the country blah blah blah but clearly something is up. If the cars don't arrive by the end of June it will be pretty wild

Wow. May 20th and we have plenty of people from April (first week too) who don't have VINs. What was the spec? Maybe that's the big secret
I think their spec was white paint. Don't know their interior or other options. I live an hour away from SAC, ordered on 5/13 and still no VIN. I feel for the April/March people that still do not have a VIN and they see late May orders get filled.

Sounds like

Hard to give them the benefit of the doubt. There is no reasonable explanation why someone ordering 6 weeks after you gets a car in California. At first I thought other parts of the country blah blah blah but clearly something is up. If the cars don't arrive by the end of June it will be pretty wild
It WILL be pretty wild. It’d be “collectively tweet at Elon to ask what’s up” wild. In August it might even me “ask for more visibility” wild, but really we are at quarter end and the supply shortage makes everything a s-show. We don’t have to give them the benefit of the doubt but it doesn’t do any good to get upset until we’ve missed the usual time. My projected delivery time under the order button when I ordered extended all the way to quarter end. It sucks but I knew that it was common for the end of quarter to have shenanigans. I’m upset about not having passenger lumbar, I don’t think they should have made that decision on existing orders but we all just need to wait and see. I ordered in April and want my $50k car as much as the next guyI already sold my car and I’m sharing a vehicle until I get my car, so trust me, I get it…

Reactions: M3isforme
My theory regarding my own vehicle: I have LR blue ext and white int, I don’t see a lot of that exact combination in the spreadsheet so I’m imagining there are big batches of standard configs then is weirdos get our cars as they make adjustments or something.

This makes a lot of sense...