Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys! Though I'm still waiting for my VIN, I'm actively planning to have my charger station installed. One of the electricians I consulted mentioned that I would reach out to LADWP for a dedicated meter. Is this a must-do? Los Angeles, CA.
Definitely not a must-do. Many utility companies offer you a discount for your power use during off-peak hours. Out of those who do, some will offer to do so through your existing meter and some will want a dedicated meter for the EV (they might provide at their cost or might expect you to). Just skip all that hassle and have any decent electrician add a 50 amp circuit breaker and run 6/3 cable to a 14-50 dryer outlet (or the official Tesla branded charger) at your preferred location. My install cost $460 total for parts and labor and the guy ran 1" EMT up along the corner of the ceiling which looks pretty clean and adds value to the house.

Reactions: stEVe91941
Sorry to bring up an old post, but with how long deliveries are taking right now I'm worried that my loan approval will expire. I noticed on your spreadsheet you mentioned to apply for the loan before ordering. Do y'all think I should still do that with how long deliveries are taking?

this did cross my mind.
I didn't expect when I ordered a Tesla that one of the emotions I would experience would be guilt. Feels like I've cut in line, and even though I want the car I feel bad for all those who are still waiting and ordered before me, especially when it's the same build. 😕

Of course I don't actually have a car yet, just a VIN and no actual delivery date so maybe the guilt is a bit premature still... 🤔

I didn't expect when I ordered a Tesla that one of the emotions I would experience would be guilt. Feels like I've cut in line, and even though I want the car I feel bad for all those who are still waiting and ordered before me, especially when it's the same build. 😕

Of course I don't actually have a car yet, just a VIN and no actual delivery date so maybe the guilt is a bit premature still... 🤔
No need, glad you got yours. I'm wondering if you're closer to Fremont than some of us in Seattle, and that's part of it. I've always held the assumption that the queue was only relative to those in a close geographical area. A person who lives in Fremont should get theirs before those who ordered in LA, even if the LA person ordered first. That's just logistics.

This is not a place for guilt. We have strong unconfirmed reports of genetically engineered squirrels named Andrew behind the scenes randomly pulling levers and pressing buttons. --The VINs seem to be assigned to convenience of delivery *ahem, mars* and profitability. Date of order placement means nothing.
...nothing
*existential crisis* ......nothing

1623890825681.png

Last edited:
No need, glad you got yours. I'm wondering if you're closer to Fremont than some of us in Seattle, and that's part of it. I've always held the assumption that the queue was only relative to those in a close geographical area. A person who lives in Fremont should get theirs before those who ordered in LA, even if the LA person ordered first. That's just logistics.
I thought that but I have seen people in similar Geographic locations, same build and the newer order date get a VIN first. It is like it is some Voodoo Black magic. In goes an order date, out comes an EDD/VIN with no understandable logic.

Reactions: ytfsic
On a serious note does anyone know all of the acceptable means to pay your down payment?
- Wire transfer?
- Cashiers check?
- Personal check?
- Suitcase of cash?
- Equivalent value of Google Play cards?
- Sacrificial ICE car with a mpg of 10 or less?

I am trying to plan out how I am going to make my down payment.

I am in an email chain with a delivery person from Burbank and my SA. About 5 emails have been sent back and forth. My SA has not responded to a single email. Just completely useless. Also now Burbank says my car will likely arrive next week. Ordered too soon I knew it. Stupid April

Unless there's a bunch of AZ orders outside of this thread, I'd say (hope) there's a good chance all our cars get delivered on the same truck. Not many AZ orders here, but maybe we are just the crazy ones on this thread and there are dozens more who are patiently waiting offline.
Phoenix here too. I ordered a SR+ Red but I stalked you guys over here. Called them too many times but got nothing so far. I really hope they sneak in my red one on that 🚚 as well.

Had some free time, so I dropped by the local Tesla location where my SA works. She wasn't there, so I spoke with another SA. Here's how the conversation went:

SA: Can I help you?
Me: I was wondering if you could give me any insight into the delivery of my car other than what I can find on my online Tesla account page...
SA: Nope. When did you order your car?
Me: I ordered on 5/17.
SA: Oh, so late May. I guess you should be receiving your car by the end of August.
Me: Oh really? My EDD is currently showing 6/18 to 6/30.

SA: Oh I guess you'll be receiving it earlier.

So I basically walked away a little worried and a little annoyed.
What is your local dealer?

On a serious note does anyone know all of the acceptable means to pay your down payment?
- Wire transfer?
- Cashiers check?
- Personal check?
- Suitcase of cash?

I paid cash for mine using a personal check, so I assume that is also okay for a down payment.

Reactions: JoJa15
- Wire transfer?
- Cashiers check?
- Personal check?
- Suitcase of cash?

Down payment? With sub 2% interest you are better off investing that money somewhere and putting zero down

I am in an email chain with a delivery person from Burbank and my SA. About 5 emails have been sent back and forth. My SA has not responded to a single email. Just completely useless. Also now Burbank says my car will likely arrive next week. Ordered too soon I knew it. Stupid April
I was told same thing - 6/23-6/26. Ordered 4/5. No idea why Burbank seems to be the red headed step child of delivery centers.