Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AF563ACC-3A6A-4BDD-A8CB-920AF949E9CF.jpeg
Good news!
Finally scheduled my delivery 😁
Order date 5/27
VIN 6/13
Delivery 6/24
I can’t believe it looks like I’m going to receive it UNDER the 4 week estimate. Probably won’t be able to get the NJ EV rebate that starts in July but I’m happy I’m receiving mine in amazing timing. Hopefully this is encouraging for those still waiting.

View attachment 674330Good news!
Finally scheduled my delivery 😁
Order date 5/27
VIN 6/13
Delivery 6/24
I can’t believe it looks like I’m going to receive it UNDER the 4 week estimate. Probably won’t be able to get the NJ EV rebate that starts in July but I’m happy I’m receiving mine in amazing timing. Hopefully this is encouraging for those still waiting.

73e020f56c4a86221823bc32113b4316d2-25-ben-affleck-sad-smoke.2x.w710.jpg

Wondering what delivery timelines others are having. We ordered a M3 long range, red with white interior, standard wheels on March 9, 2021. Estimate delivery date bounced around a lot, but now says “estimated 7-10 weeks from ordering” we are now at 10 weeks and still nothing. SA via text just said it’s a June delivery but still no VIN number.
I had two friends who ordered in April and received delivery in May.

Decided to look at existing inventory this morning... my exact model showed up in my zip code and showed as "in transit!" Clicked Buy Now and it took me to another inventory page, so either someone beat me to the punch or someone's playing with my emotions! So - I decided to refresh a couple of times. After the third time, the car showed up again! Same result, though - took me to another inventory page. Either someone is messing with me or I'm too slow on the "buy now" button!

With all that said, though - does anybody know if I'd lose my deposit if this worked out or if it would count as an additional purchase above and beyond what I already have reserved?

9 - 13 gang here also since Saturday in Phoenix. Was June 15 - 30 before that for several days and June 11 - 30 before that. Ordered 5/1. I'm confident we'll get our cars before the 30th but man does it suck watching everyone else take delivery while we sit with some generic dates.
Did you get 19" rims? Based on other posts it seems like a sport wheel thing

Decided to look at existing inventory this morning... my exact model showed up in my zip code and showed as "in transit!" Clicked Buy Now and it took me to another inventory page, so either someone beat me to the punch or someone's playing with my emotions! So - I decided to refresh a couple of times. After the third time, the car showed up again! Same result, though - took me to another inventory page. Either someone is messing with me or I'm too slow on the "buy now" button!

With all that said, though - does anybody know if I'd lose my deposit if this worked out or if it would count as an additional purchase above and beyond what I already have reserved?
you'd have to talk to your SA to get it transferred. So if you can get a hold of them, yes.

you'd have to talk to your SA to get it transferred. So if you can get a hold of them, yes.
Yea - that's the problem! I've texted him and called him 3 times over the last 3 days and hasn't responded to anything. He was super helpful in scheduling my test drive and was awesome in scheduling an overnight drive even! But, now that I put my deposit down, I've been ghosted!

I asked that question yesterday to an SA (not mine since mine isn't always the easiest to get a hold of). If you find a demo you like, you would have your $100 and, apparently, your RN# get transferred to the demo. You will not be moved back to the line or anything like that. Having said that, there are a few caveats.
(1) There is a decent likelihood that your demo will have some blemishes. If it's major, they'll take care of it. If it's minor, then you have to live with it. The example they gave me for a minor blemish is curb rash on your rims.
(2) You will not get a chance to view the car prior to making the decision. The first time you see the car will be the day you take delivery. If you refuse to accept the car as is, you will then be "moved to the back of the line" so to speak.

Now I don't know how true any of this is. It's almost like I'll get a different answer from different SA's on any given day.