Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Canada they roll it into the loan ;) Must just be a US thing where you have to pay separately.
It’s a Texas thing. Those of us in Texas don’t but our Tesla’s in Texas. We’re buying them in California, and only after they’ve been fully paid for will they get shipped to us.

Then when we get them we’re responsible to register our cars and pay taxes. Basically what would happen if you bought a car from out of state. Stupid auto dealer lobby.

I took delivery today at the Paramus NJ SC. The car was near perfect but had two issues - a tiny scratch by bottom of rear driver’s side door and definite misalignment where trunk meets rear and glass roof. I have scheduled a ranger appointment and am hopeful both will be fixed or bettered quickly. With that said, the car is amazing. I had a 300+ drive home, and damn if I’ve ever enjoyed driving anything more. For me, the drive experience and the fact I’m finally driving fully electric miles make the jankiness of the ordering process and delivery imperfections well worth it. Good luck to everyone in getting your M3s and I hope your deliveries go smoothly. I will report back on their ability to fix these issues.View attachment 676092View attachment 676093View attachment 676094
this is my biggest fear when taking delivery. Though it's not bad, I really hope I don't have any problems when I take delivery. We shall see lol. Congrats on your Tesla!!

Reactions: M3isforme and PsyD
Sooo picked up my car today from Temecula, Ca. Everything was smooth and easy. I only noted a couple of tiny nicks in the paint but otherwise was good. Bought the Acceleration Boost before leaving the parking lot and it’s amazing. However, when I was almost home I realized they didn’t put my floor mats in.. so I called and they apologized and gave me a $200 voucher for the online store. Score!!

Hi guys I’m back. So it’s the second day after I took delivery and I’m a still in love. No big defect except some white paint on passenger seat’s door and the fact that the center console lid is too close to the driver’s seat.View attachment 676135View attachment 676136View attachment 676139
I think the driver seat next to the center console is a common thing and not abnormal. Search for it. I remember someone else commenting about it in a different thread or on reddit and someone responded it is normal depending on seat position.

Reactions: laaayunp
I was inpatient and took a new existing inventory car instead (giving up my original order for someone else I guess). Made an order on 5/7, modified the color to MSM on 5/16 (from white), bought existing inventory on 6/20. Picked up today 6/21. When I talked with the delivery guy about why a car with less than 50 miles was on existing inventory and not matched to someone else he said likely it was due to failed financing and no one else at that SC was matched. Turns out it was built on 6/18 and by the time I drove it home (3 hours from Stockton to my house in the bay area) I parked in my driveway with just 103 miles. It started with 2.5 to 3 miles. The car was absolutely perfect and brand new from what I can tell. My one word of advice if you jump the line to take existing inventory is to make sure to get the backstory because my SA originally thought it was a marketing car and built on 5/18. Maybe he had VINs mixed up. He was a cool guy and really helpful in general so despite the error or misunderstanding on my part I'd still give him 5 stars. Checked the VIN against others in the tracker and 6/18 lines up for a 995,3xx. Waiting now for them to mark it delivered on my account so I can use the freaking app to set things up. Will call tomorrow if it's still not enabled.

Specs: M3 L3, MSM, Black int, 18" aero, Autopilot.

+1, good thing about that is we pretty much have to be matched/assigned VIN in the next few days if we're going to take delivery and pay by end of month. Glad to see all the wins today even if they were May orders or whatever.

For those who are getting matched with VINs that just rolled off the assembly line: I'd wait like 2 months before you do any waxing, paint correction, paint protection films or other coatings, really anything with the paint until it has had some time to cure in the sun.
I have exactly the same configuration as yours. Ordered on 4/21, Seattle. And currently showing a 7-10 weeks EDD. So confused, Did your EDD get updates?

Reactions: Automatic
Just woke up in the middle of the night randomly and there were two emails from Tesla. I GOT THE VIN 😭 ordered 5/5 LR pearl white w white interior aero wheels Rocklin,California
69FFDF74-0C2D-4E96-B000-46223100CF7C.jpeg

Just woke up in the middle of the night randomly and there were two emails from Tesla. I GOT THE VIN 😭 ordered 5/5 LR pearl white w white interior aero wheels Rocklin,California View attachment 676170
That’s awesome! My first question - were you able to fall back asleep? Because I sure wouldn’t have been able to! Haha!

That was my guess too, but not sure. To me I think the second $100 is well worth having it this quarter 😆
So, woke up this morning and saw one that matched even closer. My search was for Sacramento +200 miles. On the search page it showed it was in transit, but when clicking on it, it said it was available for pickup in Phoenix! So, during my conversation with the advisor online, the location changed to "available for pickup in San Diego!" What the heck? Either way, not sure if they hold it, but they said they'll have the first available SA call me. Buckle up!

Reactions: JoJa15 and mtrois