Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. I was considering going through Costco. Thanks for sharing!
I gotta second that notion. I had the same situation where Tesla insurance came in more expensive than my Connect (through Costco) insurance. Even without the multi-car discount, it was cheaper. But with the multi-car factored in, it makes my M3 insurance approximately $1,000 cheaper per year.

• Informative
Reactions: Ace777 and JoJa15
Yes, i got prompted to pay. I have still not received a text/email about scheduling.
I got the final payment email at 11:32a, then text for scheduling delivery at 5:21p, same email was received 5:32p, seems a tad slow, but the email did say "Your Model 3 is on its way to your delivery center and ready to be scheduled for delivery." Which makes me think there's some time between matching your order to a car and when it's officially on the truck to your delivery center.

• Informative
Reactions: JoJa15 and Ace777
I got the final payment email at 11:32a, then text for scheduling delivery at 5:21p, same email was received 5:32p, seems a tad slow, but the email did say "Your Model 3 is on its way to your delivery center and ready to be scheduled for delivery." Which makes me think there's some time between matching your order to a car and when it's officially on the truck to your delivery center.
I have heard various stories but one said that you are matched to a VIN when it starts manufacturing. I have heard others say you get matched to a VIN when it is on the way to your SC. So who knows.

I got a call from Carlsbad JUST as I got on a work call. I checked the voicemail and they said it was ready today too. I called back to tell them I could come at 3PM, and they said “you know what, let’s just deliver it to you at work (La Jolla).” I sold my Civic 4 days after I bought my M3 so I have been car-less for a while. I am tired of driving my husband’s truck so I took the delivery option gladly lol. I think it’s on the way! SO EXCITED!!!
Ok, I have been absent since my last post because I have been obsessed with my car since I got it 🥺
Had a little hiccup with delivery where my car was supposed to be delivered to La Jolla, but they ended up bringing it to a different address (25mi away). They called and I was SO EXCITED only to find out how far away they were lol. So, they drove it to me in La Jolla and we did the walkthrough. My trunk is definitely misaligned, where there’s a larger gap on the left side and it’s tighter on the right… he told me to put in a service request and they will take care of it. I have never driven one before, but I have to say when I gave it a good go on the acceleration, all the wait was worth it 😭 She’s so beautiful 😭
Thanks for the fun and support on here and I hope you all get your new rides soon!!!
B3B8CB80-76D5-493F-BEE0-FA74B2D89096.jpeg
EB5E1762-3C38-4E9E-9CE7-0FA874E09BA8.jpeg

Got my VIN today (in the 4000s)
Order date - 5/26.
CA Bay Area.
Pearl White/ Premium Black interior / 18" Aero wheels
EDD still says 6/27 to 6/30.

No information on scheduling delivery.
Payment type is set to cash but need to switch it out to loan. Tried calling my SA but didn't receive a response and went to the local Tesla showroom but that was closed too when it was supposed to be open.
Guess, I'll need to wait for later on Saturday to figure this out.

Has anyone used DCU for a loan? Whats the process? Will DCU mail me a check that I then present to Tesla?

I got the my VIN , But when i called they said it was still in the planning stage and somehow it will be here before the end of the month. Not going even get my hopes up.

Hey! I saw that my delivery date has been changed to June 27th - June 30th. I placed an order on June 15th.
I still haven’t received a Vin though. Is this normal?
Join the club! I ordered June 5th and, as just about everybody else here, have been through delivery date shuffle ever since! Yesterday, my EDD was June 27-30 and this morning it’s moved to June 28-30… my guess is yours most likely did the same.

Had a major shift to the right today. Went from July 27 to September 11. I just hope I get my car this year. This sucks as I’ll be wracking up many miles on my trade in, and when the car does arrive I’ll be taking a major hit on trade in value.☹️

checking in from Coastal NC, placed order 5/31 was seeing dates mid-late June but have slowly been creeping into August… now just shows 7-11 weeks… anyone have luck with deliveries to the east coast showing up ‘by surprise’?
I think the issue for us non-west coasters is that Tesla is pushing really hard to get their delivery numbers up before the end of the quarter. I suspect those closest to the factory are probably jumping in line in front of us for that reason. No sore feelings, just a little butt hurt, that's all. It is what it is. Being from a fly-over state, we get used to this. Everything gets to us last. At least our state has the second-lowest electricity cost in the country, so there's that, I guess.

Congrats to those who've received their VINs!

Today’s my delivery day! I take delivery an hour after the delivery center opens, which is, about 3.5 hours from now. My deposit (input yesterday) is still in my bank account but is acknowledged on the Tesla website. The Tesla app has not suddenly granted my access to the vehicle yet. So far everything looks like it did yesterday. My assumption is/has been that they update the app to allow you to access your vehicle once it is staged to be picked up which is probably an hour before you get it.

Just thought I’d share in case it helps alleviate someone else’s concerns that something might be wrong or all that jazz. Will update with delivery experience/build quality/checklist results once the deed is done, or I’ll vent if they tell me they can’t deliver for whatever reason.