Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. White on White. It was in Kansas City and I had it transported over. I couldn't really wait much longer for a vehicle and decided to gamble a bit. On the other hand it should be one of the very last builds that still had radar and the passenger lumbar adjustment. Small bonuses. Crossing my fingers.
Dang that's crazy I tried to have one transported to Raleigh from Cleveland and they told me due to end of quarter restrictions they couldn't transport from other location right now. I feel jipped lmao. That's awesome you found one though man I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

• Love
Reactions: id436eg9045
Just got my EDD and it's showing 7/7 to 8/6. Putting this down for prosperity sakes and to hear from the community: How much does this jump around or does it usually land within the window (but I would assume later in that window)?
@egds summed it up nicely in this post.

But seriously, although the experiences of others may be varied, it seems that although the EDD WILL jump around (try not to panic too much when it goes away completely or changes to "7-11 weeks"), seems that for the most part, expect it to be in the later part of the window.

With me, I ordered 4/7 with an original EDD of 6/1-6/30. I currently have an appointment to pick up on 6/30.

Reactions: PsyD and stEVe91941
Just got my EDD and it's showing 7/7 to 8/6. Putting this down for prosperity sakes and to hear from the community: How much does this jump around or does it usually land within the window (but I would assume later in that window)?
I'm new here but I ordered on 06/26 and the EDD has changed every day since then (four times). Mostly the "earliest date" keeps getting pushed back 6 days at a time.

To add to the anticipation, I just saw on a FB page that the
Same here 😢
Buckle up for the long haul! My EDD changed so many times, each one pulling at different emotions! When it changed to end of June from the end of July, I was in the best mood that day. When it went back to September, I was miserable and moody! Now, my appointment date is today between 9am-6pm and nobody has even told me if my car has left Fremont yet! They really need to fix the customer experience between ordering and taking delivery!

Reactions: PsyD
View attachment 679151
I flew this puppy down PCH this evening to put the first miles on it. Wooooooo. Getting window tint on Friday and will chrome delete the badging on the trunk and frunk.
I wasn't sure if I'd like the Rimetrix Orbitals, but they look SHARP! Especially black on black. I wonder how they'd look on blue.

Also FYI, saw this post from @Torokruger showing a video from Tesla Tips by MTN Ranger about how to protect the alloy wheels from being scratched by the covers.

Reactions: YYZ2LAX
I'm new here but I ordered on 06/26 and the EDD has changed every day since then (four times). Mostly the "earliest date" keeps getting pushed back 6 days at a time.
In my experience, the early date kept pushing back while the late date remained fairly consistent. Although you MIGHT get in closer to the early date, I would suggest not getting your hopes and dreams up on the early date and be prepared for the later date.

Oh yeah, and you'll also become an expert in refreshing your account page checking for EDD changes!

Reactions: PsyD and stEVe91941
I wasn't sure if I'd like the Rimetrix Orbitals, but they look SHARP! Especially black on black. I wonder how they'd look on blue.

Also FYI, saw this post from @Torokruger showing a video from Tesla Tips by MTN Ranger about how to protect the alloy wheels from being scratched by the covers.
I'm considering the Rimetrix as well... haven't seen any pics of them on a White M3 to decide if I want the black or silver ones.

In my experience, the early date kept pushing back while the late date remained fairly consistent. Although you MIGHT get in closer to the early date, I would suggest not getting your hopes and dreams up on the early date and be prepared for the later date.

Oh yeah, and you'll also become an expert in refreshing your account page checking for EDD changes!
@CleverNickname had a good suggestion for a first (of many) accessory. 🤣

CF31B9AD-AA52-42F5-987B-5148B3D2384F.jpeg

This was yesterday when we picked up the car, our son was super excited as well lol

Last edited:
@egds summed it up nicely in this post.

But seriously, although the experiences of others may be varied, it seems that although the EDD WILL jump around (try not to panic too much when it goes away completely or changes to "7-11 weeks"), seems that for the most part, expect it to be in the later part of the window.

With me, I ordered 4/7 with an original EDD of 6/1-6/30. I currently have an appointment to pick up on 6/30.
And mine had an original EDD of 6/23-6/30. Currently no vin, no scheduled delivery, and EDD shows 7-11 weeks and I’m gutted. 😞

Your son has the Tesla Grin perfected! 😄 Congrats!

That's also about how far away from the curb I'll be parking. 🤣 J/K (but AM I?)
LMAO, that's how i found the car, i guess they parked it like that so that i have enough room to look around, apparently i need to change my glasses as i later discovered that the car has a little dent which i posted here a couple pages ago.

Reactions: Ace777
Ordered 6/12. LR AWD Black on Black 18'' areo.

Initial EDD was 8-12 weeks. It's been jumping around as you'd expect, but now sits at Jul 11 - 31. That puts it on the early side of the initial estimate, but this thread has taught me to put very little into that estimate.

Seems to me the initial week-based estimate has been mostly right for most folks, regardless of how the dates jump around. We shall see.
Sounds almost exactly like mine: ordered 6/16, originally 9-13, immediately went to 8-12, and has been 7/11-7/31 for the last week or so. Not holding my breath but maybe they'll UPOD.

Nope. White on White. It was in Kansas City and I had it transported over. I couldn't really wait much longer for a vehicle and decided to gamble a bit. On the other hand it should be one of the very last builds that still had radar and the passenger lumbar adjustment. Small bonuses. Crossing my fingers.
Son of a......I'm in the KC metro area and that's my exact build. Guess I should have been quicker on the draw. When did you snag that demo from here?